Getrag 265/6 5 speed transmission

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
***SOLD***** Getrag 265/6 5 speed transmission

Getrag 265 5 speed transmission pulled from a 1982 BMW 528e.

Yes, I know, it doesn't have the speedo provisions, yet I DO have the following brand new parts:

- speedo gear
- seal
- spacer

That you can easily retrofit on there. I do NOT have the actual pinion gear, but you can use the old one from your 4-speed easy enough.

See this article on that: http://bmw30cs.blogspot.com/p/5-speed-conversion.html

speedo_gear.jpg

Transmission is in good to very good condition. Drove the car (the cluster showed 161k) extensively before parting just to test the transmission and all the gears shift nicely even when driven aggressively. All shifts were smooth and there were no unusual noises through any of the gears.

Transmission had Redline MT-90 fluid in it when drained and it was clean with no signs of metal or burning.

Asking $750 plus shipping from Seattle, WA

Comes w/mounting bracket, couple rubber mounts, and shifter plate as shown here:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the tranny I installed in my car came from a 528e. I separately sourced the bell housing.

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
Though it was 25 years ago, I paid $450 for the donor parts car which included the 265 tranny. Came from a euro 520i. Put in RedLine MTL and it still running great today, Net cost after selling some parts? $0. I guess prices have gone up and availability has gone down. Just basic supply and demand.