72 E9 on Ebay

Randy

Reaction score
Rusty

I went and looked at this car, Rust is just showing along bottom of doors. Rear of rockers has some rust holes. Floors need replacing. Upper part of body is good. Interior is a total wreck, good thing or someone would put some bond and respray for a quick flip. Car is a project that needs everything, Motor has noise but runs and drives. I passed !

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting placement of speakers. Not ideal for sound-direction:

s-l1600.jpg

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My buddy, who would love to get a coupe, and I looked at this car a couple of weeks ago. I'd second everything Randy said plus add that there was some small bubbling starting on the tops of the front fenders and some paint lifting on the passenger A pillar. Also, it looked to me like it's been hit in the rear with a pretty mediocre repair (back bumper is far from straight).

All that being said, it is a CSi and Baikel is a great color. I've seen a lot worse and for the price he was asking you might be able to restore it and not be completely underwater if the values continue to climb. Again, as Randy said, it needs everything.

My friend passed.

One more note: The Ebay story doesn't jive completely with the CL sellers story.

floridabmx

Reaction score
looks like a good car to me. you guys need to stop being so scared of little rust bubbles

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I accidentally came across this car driving through Portland on Tuesday. Stopped to take a quick look. Definitely a project car. $17k seems a bit high to me. Everything needs work. The interior is scary. Low miles but roughly used.

Positives - the front wheel well at the base of the A pillar does not look too bad.