1973 3.0cs Malaga 4speed car. Concord Ca. SF Bay

a_radu

Reaction score
*****************************SOLD*********************

It comes with mixed emotions to post this.

This is a car that I have wanted for many years. I'm not the type of person that keeps vehicle for life. After almost 2 years of ownership I'm ready to find it a new home. It has been an absolute joy to own. Turns heads everywhere I go. The exhaust note under acceleration is just amazing. My wife named her Vesper since she was classy and It stuck.

Its a 73 Malaga exterior with a brownish orange interior. Not sure on the actual name. The interior color I have not seen available or on any other coupe. I know this car spent some time at coupe king around 2004 and some of the pieces were re-dyed. The carpet, back side of the leather, door panels and plastics all match this color so I believe it is original. It is a 4 speed car. Non sunroof. Clean title. odo 97k

Upgrades to the car.
Pertronix pointless ignition setup, new cap, rotor, wires, and plugs.
New sport springs to replace the sagging factory springs with Bilstein shocks.
Webber carburator upgrade.

I do have an accurate account of all of the previous owners. I have the paperwork to prove it. I have service records only from the previous owner before me. I do not have accounts of any accident history. Previous owner informed me of one repair where the ebrake did not hold and the car gently slid into an object while he was in the store. This required a small repair to the right front. When I purchased the car I inspected the complete chassis and hidden areas for signs of rust and previous accident repairs. I have photo documentation attached of the "problem" areas that I found. The rest of the car looked solid. All underbody areas that had surface stains were cleaned, rust preventative used and then painted. In the quarter panels and front fenders I used a product that helps prevent any future issues. I didn't see any issues when using a bore scope and looking in the panels. This was just for my piece of mind.

I have a lift available for you to inspect the vehicle if you wish to do so. Please review the pictures and contact me with any questions. I'm not in a rush to sell the car. Its a great running and driving car. Just wrapped up a 45 mile drive this morning. This is a driver and a perfect candidate for a complete restoration. I have used it for my round trip 50 mile commute for a couple weeks after I sorted the bugs. Just to make sure it continues to be a reliable car. Does not overheat. She will be missed.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsknYisjA Photo albums on Flickr please let me know if the link does not work. Its shared public. Secondary link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137241890@N03/sets/72157660321379046/

listed the car on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/181934450522?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

******************SOLD*********************

-Adrian

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember seeing your coupe at Coupeking right after I bought my coupe and went to see Peter to discuss the restoration process. Yours was in much better shape than mine back then!

Administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
listed the car on ebay with help from one of my acquaintances from Concord BMW. This is my first time dealing with a car on ebay so we shall see how this goes. I do have to say in this process I have met some interesting people. A few I will stay in touch with locally as they share the same passion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181934450522?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Everyone is different in the way they like to run ebay auctions and your way is fine, I just prefer to use a low starting bid with a reserve of $22k. If it doesn't reach reserve you get the benefit of knowing how much someone would have paid for it, which might help when relisting or reset expectations.

Good luck with the sale!
Dan

a_radu

Reaction score
Thanks Dan ill keep that in mind. I tired to be as honest and forward as possible. Took as many photos as I could to represent the car correctly. Worse case is that the car does not sell and I get to enjoy it for a longer period of time. Not a bad thing.

-Adrian

***********************SOLD**********************

Last edited: