Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 135

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
tell me they didn't drill a hole in the upper dash to put the satellite antenna ... looks very good from what is shown ... price is reasonable. should sell quick if a PPI checks out (no rust)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it appears in pics from Legends of Autobahn...."dealer price" puts my scam alert on high.

1392658989908767376.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
tell me they didn't drill a hole in the upper dash to put the satellite antenna ... looks very good from what is shown ... price is reasonable. should sell quick if a PPI checks out (no rust)

Doesn't appear to be the case. You can see the cord in one pic.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its encouraging that many of them have the car in front of the same wall ... unless they are photoshop specials. i sent the seller an email earlier today ... haven't heard a reply ... i do like red coupes, so i'm interested in learning more

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I was up in the Marin yesterday so I arranged to see this one. It's a real dealer selling a real car.

It was originally Nevada, but appears to be on it's third repaint. There is evidence of dark blue prior to the Earl Scheib red.

This one spent time in California, Washington (Seattle) and Hawaii.

The car smells really musty inside. If this car was in Seattle and sitting outside, I could understand it as the smell brought back a lot of memories of looking at old iron in Seattle back in the 90's.

The paint is getting very matte looking, especially on the trunk and hood. The driver's front fender, on the side, but near the A pillar, has some bubbling evident on it. I checked the cowl from the inside on both sides of the car and it looks ok.

Inner fenders are painted black, along with the underside of the hood. Has most of the original tools in the kit and some new spares from BMW in the trunk.

Wood is starting to go, as one would expect. Driver's side rear wood is covered with a fake wood vinyl covering.

Speakers in the door panels, one is a small tweeter hidden behind perforated holes, the other is a big one mounted near the door pockets.

Hand crank sunroof, electric windows have been disconnected and the hand cranks have been added to the front.

Car smelled of really old gas when started...

Personally, I don't see his asking price as anywhere close to reality, but I believe the good ones generally trade privately without much advertising.

For someone that wants to get into one now, it could probably work, but you will need to do everything to it along the way.

Seems like it would be better to put another $10K in your budget and buy one that doesn't require much, if anything, or find a better one for $28K.

My take is that it's overpriced for what it is and what it needs.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks for the review. it is hard to tell from pix ... i would have guessed that it was better than that from what i could see. the price seemed almost too good to be true. now we know