Sales Section

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
While coupe values are approaching US$100k for good examples, there are still plenty of low cost cars available for sale. Unfortunately, these low cost cars are generally hiding very expensive repairs. The result is that finding verifiable examples that justify a US$100k valuation is not always easy or readily available to use as a comp.

I would like to suggest the creation of a "Comp" section to showcase sales of cars suitable to use as examples of valuation.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I made a similar suggestion earlier this year, so I understand the sentiment. That said, as a coupe owner, I am far more interested in seeing what others are doing to maintain and improve their cars, in the acquisition of parts, and in keeping up with coupe people I have met along the way. Providing a one stop shopping for folks who may or may not buy coupes isn't high on my list of what I want to do while I am here.

That said, when I bought my car in June, I posted a bunch of information on her value, condition, how I went about the acquisition and the things I felt needed to be addressed quickly on my car. I did this to provide a baseline on a modestly priced coupe for other buyers to use. Folks who helped me with my acquisition also posted up to date information on mid-range and lower-end coupe values. That information may be found here:
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16520

In general, I think folks seeking this type of information are going to have to search recent sales and follow the forum for a while, just as I did.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Comps

I always start with the SCM Platinum database (not the price guides, which are way of), and also with Hagerty, when I am looking at a car.

I am not comfortable with taking the SCM data and putting it on line, because that is how the publishers make a living.

But if I were serious myself in looking for a nice coupe, then that is where I would start.

A lot of the dealer cars sit for ages at the prices being asked, so they are not very good data points.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I always start with the SCM Platinum database (not the price guides, which are way of), and also with Hagerty, when I am looking at a car.

I am not comfortable with taking the SCM data and putting it on line, because that is how the publishers make a living.

But if I were serious myself in looking for a nice coupe, then that is where I would start.

A lot of the dealer cars sit for ages at the prices being asked, so they are not very good data points.

While in the process of getting insurance for my coupe, I got into a discussion with Hagerty about the value of coupes. They let you pick the insured value of your car, but having spent more than two years in the market before I found my coupe, I thought their numbers were low. I pointed them to the thread on my car to make my point.