Engine swap

The Don

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Having had my zeniths completely refurbished, and balanced by Alan at Carb care (man is a carburettor surgeon!) 01543 305160, I came across an opportunity.

Early E24 635CSi with uprated camshaft, 5spd and LSD, so my car is back with the guys at Retro BMW for a heart transplant

Have had to locate a new fuel tank and gearbox and LSD now in place. The delicate surgery of wiring up has now begun, so it is time to have all of the wiring checked and refreshed.

Came across some auto wiring gurus here in Birmingham (actually directed to them by Parts Dept at Sytner BMW in Solihull) who were able to take your loom, check, refresh all the wiring, clean it up with new connectors/plugs and re-tape all for £200.

A fraction of what I was quoted at AutoSparks.

If you are able to get to Birmingham, Malcolm at Goodwins Auto Electrics is your man. 0121 778 6828.

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
This post is timed perfectly Don. My car has been waiting in an auto electricians shop for more than 9 months. he was supposed to start right after he finished the car he had in shop before mine, than his boss came with another one. Seeing my car will wait I decided to get it re sprayed. when that was finished the car was still stalling. so I decided to get the car back from that shop yesterday. I will give the guys in Birmingham a call, send them the loom and install it myself.

hope everything goes well with your engine transplant.

Harun.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Having just spent a bunch of time replacing melted connectors and lights from the previous owner's stereo install, that rewiring price sounds like a real bargain.