e9 with M5 engine on ebay

phead82

Reaction score
I agree. Also looks like a ton of work and money went into this car. Very curious how much it will go for in the end.
Anybody here knows the car/owner?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love the build. Don't like the tires, doubt it has 450 HP.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why don't builds like this go to an electric water pump and

Love the build. Don't like the tires, doubt it has 450 HP.

Why don't builds like this use a remote mounted electric water pump (ala race car fashion) or alt least a front mounted rad fan? Might be enough to help it fit the fore aft dimension of the stock engine bay.

Wrt losing the spare tire well, would they need that second rear muffler if they'd used a single larget center resonator?

I really like the oil/temp gauges that replace the clock.

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty cool car, like the satnav gps where the console speaker was, like the wheels too, just need roundels on them. Not a fan of the spare tire delete and the exhaust. Looks like it would be a blast to drive.

waynesie

Reaction score
What???
Only 5 pictures and two are of the radio?
Lots of custom work mentioned and not much shown.....

rb1971

Reaction score
Why don't builds like this use a remote mounted electric water pump (ala race car fashion) or alt least a front mounted rad fan?

Some builds like this do use a front mounted electric radiator fan. :)

ETA: Looks fairly solid from the pics. Needless to say I am a fan of this motor and approach. I would want to carefully look at the work related to motor placement, and the exhaust system after the rear axle looks overly complicated (but doing better might require tubbing out the trunk, so it might be a reasonable compromise). Would caution any buyer to also look at what sorts of additional bracing has been added to avoid chassis flex.

The nav screen and clock replacement are not to my taste but seem well done and fairly easily remedied if not to the taste of the next owner.

I like the change over the the E36 M3 diff. I've had a hard time keeping side loaders in my car.

The first digit on the HP numbers might be about 1 too high, but I'm sure it's enough to have fun.

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mario's diffs

I like the change over the the E36 M3 diff. I've had a hard time keeping side loaders in my car.

You should get one of Maio L's new LSDs. Supposed to be bullet proof compared to the side loader.

John

FastCougar

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand the exhaust ... it gets down from 2 into 1 but at the rear of the car only to delete the spare tire well ... other than that ... sign me up please!

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Raised letter roundel, pink Beru plugs; subtle details I hope the new owner will appreciate.

How is this not a member here ?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
He should have taken 58k. I don't understand. Sure the build cost could be much higher, but a restomod like this is usually worth less than the sum of its parts.

jamesw

Reaction score
I'm glad it went up that high - as I have an M88 and 265/5 in hand that I want to put into my car eventually. Glad to know that it could still fetch that much.

I think he should have taken the 58K too and he may still - ebay auctions are funny that way - sometimes they are fishing expeditions.

James

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm glad it went up that high - as I have an M88 and 265/5 in hand that I want to put into my car eventually. Glad to know that it could still fetch that much.

I think he should have taken the 58K too and he may still - ebay auctions are funny that way - sometimes they are fishing expeditions.

James

I hear you. I think 58 probably represents fair market value. Hopefully they can put a deal together outside of ebay.