CSL at Russo and Steele in Jan

RonP

Reaction score
It's mine, or as Paul Cain says "the wife's" CSL. I had her drive it to Monterey this year and thought she would be pissed at me...just the opposite...didn't think I would ever get her out of it. I had to trailer Rahal's Bat as I just finished it the night before and just wasn't sure I could make it as everything was so new. That is why this car got that name. Busy now getting the car in top shape.

shanon

Reaction score
quoted from R&S blurb:
"Powered initially with a six-cylinder engine that produced 340hp..."

wow!! is the a special engine option or a typo...thought they were 240hp.

;-)

Good luck with the sale!

RonP

Reaction score
quoted from R&S blurb:
"Powered initially with a six-cylinder engine that produced 340hp..."

wow!! is the a special engine option or a typo...thought they were 240hp.

;-)

Good luck with the sale!

Had to be a typo, I wrote most of the text! Thank you for the well wishes.

latebrake

Reaction score
Russo and Steele results

Russo and Steele are a bit slower at posting their results (vs RM, Bonhams, Barrett-Jackson, etc.)........does anyone know how Ron's CSL did?? Many thanks in advance!

RonP

Reaction score
Didn't meet reserve. Took a BMW to a Chevy/Ford auction. I truly wanted to back out for obvious reasons, but needed to stick to my commitment. Lesson learned, and it was quite expensive. The upside to the equation is I have no doubts about the car now. We spent the equilivilent of a concourse 3.0CS into it and she is back to her original glory. Sorry I couldn't report better news, but I haven't played the entire hand yet, so I will keep everyone informed.

latebrake

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ron, and so sorry to hear that it didn't go well for you. I agree regarding the venue, not a "go to" place for appreciators of European Classics. With all of your efforts, I do hope that things work out, and that you find a good new home for it!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Ron,

sorry to hear that but it looks great so will find a good buyer soon. What did they have down as the estimate?

If you wrote this can you substantiate it at all:

'This Series One Batmobile offered at Russo and Steele Scottsdale January 16-20, 2013 was one of the last 14 built by BMW. The last 25 cars were all reserved for BMW dignitaries, BMW race team members, and friends of the BMW family. This particular car came from one of the largest CSL collectors in the world and was the first of all the cars he purchased.'

Thanks,

Rohan