Wanted for AC

Henrik

Reaction score
Need Intermediate piece for aircondition (64501811407)
See picture.
Shipping to NJ.

Henrik

Attachments

• intermediate piece.png
    intermediate piece.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 213

oldcoupe

Reaction score
Intermediate Piece

That looks the same as the E3 part, which I used in my E9. The tubes out of each side go to the E3 face vents, sadly missing on the coupe. I cut them off and blanked the holes.

Best place to find the part may be a Bav parts car.

Henrik

Reaction score
E9 and e3 evaporator has the same part number, so a small modification on the intermediate piece, as you did, could be a solution.

Any good sources for Bav parts?

Thanks!
Henrik

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one of these unobtanium intermediate pieces I was lucky enough to find from NOS and will be using for my forthcoming AC install in the coupe.

I've been looking at it again and again trying to figure out the best way to provide its details so that anyone in need could duplicate it. It's a complex piece in terms of the angles the faces meet at. Even if I were to provide dimensions for all the facets, I don't believe it could be easily reconstructed due to the angles they all meet but maybe I'm mistaken. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best provide the details of the piece so it could be reproduced? Any way to 3D model it?

P1060117.JPG

P1060118.JPG

P1060119.JPG

P1060120.JPG

P1060121.JPG

P1060122.JPG

P1060123.JPG

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
For something crude, I'd cover it in masking tape, draw the folds in ink, then cut some new metal along the outline after you slice the tape off. I have seen some pretty neat 3d hand held scanners at industrial shows. I'd bet we will have those as hobbiests one of these days. You can get the dimensions of any car or part with these things. Would be pretty neat if somebody had computer design skills.

Henrik

Reaction score
It seems to be a tough job to copy this part. I guess a well skilled Insulator could do the job. The material could be aluminium or stainless steel. But a good drawing or an original intermediate piece must be at hand.
May be an Origami (Japanese Paper Art) artist could make a perfect pattern? :mrgreen:

I think the easy way is to modify the old non AC intemediate piece with a frame made of aluminum that encloses the top of the evaporator house

Thank's for the photos Louis!
Henrik