CL: 1971 e9 $5K

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No affiliation, just saw the ad posted about 6 hours ago:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/4911971968.html

My favorite is NO RUST on an e9 that is sitting outside with no windows..... Nice steering wheel though and couple wheels. Although considering it is outside with no windows it doesn't actually look terrible. Has motor and can see stick shift so maybe not a bad deal afterall...... Good project none the less.

restart

Reaction score
How about 1500 if you can find all the wheels and by that I mean NOT the bottle caps! Oh and did I ask if there are any parts with that order?

I think this car was recently for sale elsewhere...n'est pa? Oh I guess you could say that about almost any car?

I can hardly wait til we can start tracking vins:p

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
If that has no rust it might be a good buy. It is in the right place. Just buy a parts car from Michigan with no body to make a complete E9.

jamesw

Reaction score
Yeah, if it's actually been in east LA county for its whole life there is a real chance it is a "low rust" car.

It would make a great parts car if it's not. It's not often you get a parts car w/ triple Webers.

HTH
James

jmackro

Reaction score
Yeah, if it's actually been in east LA....

Well, the evidence supports that. You park your coupe in east LA for even one night, and this is what it will look like: no glass, no seats, no battery, no door panels, no carpets, .... But how did they miss that nice Nardi wheel?

Attachments

• stripped coupe.jpg
    stripped coupe.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 157

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah somebody probably bought it from that pic-n-pull and is trying to double their money. Weird that it would be stripped of everything and the Webbers and steering wheel are still on it.

nobrakese28

Reaction score
Hi guys. I spoke to the owner, the car is located in Highland Park, very close to my work. Does any one want me to swing by and take a look. I wouldn't mind the carbs and steering wheel.

-Marco

nobrakese28

Reaction score
The pictures speak for them selves. The car is in horrible shape. Really bad paint job, rust and ratty weld repairs are everywhere. The car is equipped with rear disk brakes, tube headers, webbers, large sway bars, and a 5 spd Getrag. The Nardi is beat to crap. It really is missing all the parts. No trunk full of goodies here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425365230.454578.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425365247.551455.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425365260.168696.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425365269.669596.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The rust on the bottom of the car looks like what you get in very dry climates. Hopefully just surface rust. I hope you strip this down to bare metal. More photos would be great.

GoFastGTR

Reaction score
The plan is to completely blast it, cage and seam weld it and go from there. I'll get a list set up this weekend.

I want to do a "restomod" type restoration. I've had plenty of built cars over the years, but this is actually my first BMW.

Anybody know where to get lexan for the e9? I need a windshield and back glass. I'm a BMW tech, and have dealer access to BMW classics, but I want to be as light as possible.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Coupe King has the rear, fixed sides and back window for the CSL application.