1972 BMW 3.0 CS (So Cal)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice looking car. I didn't know that vinyl was an option on our cars.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there were a number of early 2800cs that came with embossed vinyl. i have seen quite a few - including a polaris one that has spent its whole life in georgia / north carolina. so hoffman brought some in with vinyl. then there are cars that have had their interior replaced ... like my 2800cs.

MarkR

Reaction score
it seems to me that this one sold a few years ago for around 32k ...

Yep, it sure looks like the one that was for sale in Spokane, WA for around that price. I think those are even the same photos.

Carmen

Reaction score
Most if not all Canadian delivery coupes got vinyl, or fabric. Only Hoffman made sure US coupes got leather.

Chris, The VIN # for my '70 2800cs tracks to a Hoffman import that went to a dealer in So Cal and has vinyl. Maybe the move to leather came with the 3.0cs.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Murray's coupe was number 2270016 built 9/5/69 and it had leather. BMW doesn't provide dealer names for Hoffman imports, do you have the reply from BMW? I would love to see one that does.

Carmen

Reaction score
Murray's coupe was number 2270016 built 9/5/69 and it had leather. BMW doesn't provide dealer names for Hoffman imports, do you have the reply from BMW? I would love to see one that does.

Chris, I just emailed it over. The previous owner told me the car had vinyl originally, but now that appears to not be the case as the car was shipped to Hoffman in NY on May 27th, 1970. One more reason to put leather back in the car.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And it is impossible to find the correct original embossed vinyl for our coupes as well. Post a pic or two, thanks for the e-mail.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have number 227003 and have blue vinyl. My car was imported from a dealer in Vienna. Not at the house to review the records so I'm not sure if Hoffman was involved or not.