Bmw boston cca concours

lsquaredb

Reaction score
My car has no rockers on the passenger side, no wheel houses or fenders, and the engine is out, so it won't be there. Maybe I'll be there.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
This may be my last one...

As some of you already know, I'll be moving to Denver in the very near future. So, I will try very hard to get out to the next few events.

Is there a plan to meet beforehand?

duane_sword

Reaction score
As some of you already know, I'll be moving to Denver in the very near future. So, I will try very hard to get out to the next few events.

Is there a plan to meet beforehand?

I have been roped in as one of the judges, so I will be getting their early to help setup etc.. Look forward to seeing a healthy number of coupes at the event -

TodB

Reaction score
Not sure yet if I am going yet - probably not. I just don't feel like washing the car. I am looking forward to Lime Rock though.

Mako, stay in touch! I may be relocating to the Boulder/Denver area in the next couple of years also.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm out.

Sorry guys, I can't make this one. I'm trying to orchestrate the buying and partial renovation of a house out west (and get ours on the market), so if I spent the whole day down in Boston I would get my azz handed to me once I got home... still trying to get to LRP!

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I can't make this one. I'm trying to orchestrate the buying and partial renovation of a house out west (and get ours on the market), so if I spent the whole day down in Boston I would get my azz handed to me once I got home... still trying to get to LRP!

Don't ask permission, ask forgiveness. Get your azz to the show.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I arrived in Vermont today, the weather is spectacular, I wish I could get to the show to meet you all but that would cause political issues here on many levels!

TodB

Reaction score
We have had some of the best weather ever this Summer, Steve with this weekend being yet another example. Just spectacular. Enjoy your time in Vermont!

duane_sword

Reaction score
two coupes and two Bavaria

Tom was there with his black coupe in the BMW CCA Boston concours, and I was there with my Polaris coupe.

Rob (THe Hack Mechanic) Siegel was there with his recently acquired Bavaria that is in fantastic shape inside and outside.

My coupe was in the 'Vintage Super Clean' class at the BMW CCA Boston concours, the 1st was taken by a trailer-queen E30, then me, then a very sharp Fjord blue Bavaria in 3rd.

More interestingly Tom and I will be heading to Thompson Motorsports Park on September 17th for an SCDA track day (Sports Car Driver Association).

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Duane,

Does the Boston CCA use Super Clean as exterior, interior and trunk? That is what is done at Legends, just wondering how consistent we are.

duane_sword

Reaction score
North East definition of "Super Clean"

Duane,

Does the Boston CCA use Super Clean as exterior, interior and trunk? That is what is done at Legends, just wondering how consistent we are.

Boston CCA defines the Super Clean category as;
* interior (5 sections)
* exterior (5 sections)
* trunk & factory accessories (tools, jack, manuals etc) (3sections)
* engine bay(4 sections)

Here is a link to the guidelines;
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/_upload/Events/ConcoursRulesAndClassifications.pdf

Here is a link to the judges scoring sheet used;
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/_upload/Events/ConcoursRegistrationAndJudgingSheet.pdf

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, it is different. Out here no credit for jack, etc, Concours class includes their SC criteria plus undercarriage. Would be nice if the CCA, which is getting more involved in managing these events, would be consistent.

The Boston score sheet and criteria is the same as O'fest. Except at O'fest they don't have Vintage SC which is a shame. It is the largest group too.

Last edited:

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment on the Bavaria. This was a first for me and I walked away hating q-tips. Many very nice (pronounce with a Borat accent) cars.