Getting Closer!

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thank-you for the addition to this group. I've lurked a bit as I am getting closer to owning an E9. My passion for the series started decades ago since my father was a BMW fan and had an E24 in the 1990's. In fact, my first car was a 1970 2002 in 1993 (if only I had kept it!) and thereafter I bought an E3 3.0L in 1994. Sadly none of these cars are with me now but at the time I always aspired to have an E9 but could not afford one. I have decided that this will be the year so wish me luck!

I will add some photos of my 2002 and 3.0L soon :)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome, funny my buddies license plate on his 135i says TIVOOM............, his wife won't drive the car because of that. I think he got it just for that reason.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome, funny my buddies license plate on his 135i says TIVOOM............, his wife won't drive the car because of that. I think he got it just for that reason.

Too funny... Love the double purpose of the plate ;-) My registration plate is actually MOOVIT in both Australia and here in the US :) Fortunately we don't have front plates in Indiana, BUT I probably should get TIVOOM for the front just for decoration :D

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Got My CS

So I finally got a CS... it was actually last Sunday that I brought it home. This will hopefully form the basis of my restoration project but until I have it apart will not be sure. It is a 2800CS and a fully functioning driver. It will need a bit of work on the front shock towers and floors BUT every thing else is in awesome shape. The panels are all in great shape with as the car had full respray about 20 years ago. Considering there is only one small bubble on the bottom of the passenger side fender and nowhere else, that is a good sign. I am also happy that only a couple bits an pieces are missing. The toolkit is full and has a nice amount of options and NO sunroof yay! Best of all I have ton of history with the car including the original window sticker. I have a couple donor E24s for parts but am still undecided on the powerplant choice. The car was upgraded to a 3.0CS with twin-webers about two decades ago along with a 4-speed in place of auto but I have the choice of either reconditioning a M30B32 or B34 for the job. I am tempted by putting an S38 in there too but not sure its needs so much power.

Here is a pic of the car and the window sticker as well as my 3.0L and 2002 that I had 22 years ago...