Bonhams CSL

Nash

Reaction score
Not mine and no affiliation.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21907/lot/269/

Will be interesting, I have thought RHD CSLs have been a little cheap since the dramatic rise of LHD, understanding the differences of course. I have never seen the car, so somebody who has or knows the car can give us better info/judgement than I can, but pictures do not do it any favors in the engine department.

RogerB

Reaction score
Not mine and no affiliation.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21907/lot/269/

Will be interesting, I have thought RHD CSLs have been a little cheap since the dramatic rise of LHD, understanding the differences of course. I have never seen the car, so somebody who has or knows the car can give us better info/judgement than I can, but pictures do not do it any favors in the engine department.

Nor do the wheels with the extra holes?!!?

kurtd

Site Donor
Reaction score
The wood on the lower dash cap is interesting. I've never seen that other than a 2000cs
I also liked the "only 7 owners"

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The wood on the lower dash cap is interesting. I've never seen that other than a 2000cs
I also liked the "only 7 owners"

this was discussed about 6 months ago and as i remember this is common to all RHD e9 coupes

Nash

Reaction score
Wood on RHD

Absolutely rsporsche, the wood on the lower dash is on all RHD CSLs.

Nash

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did they indicate mileage? Wish they had at leases wiped down the cowl over the fan motor and the cylinder head cover. Otherwise looks clean enough.

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car looks to have a rod for keeping the hood (bonnett?) up. I've never seen that before.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think that is true with all CSL with aluminum hoods, as they didn't have the spring mechanism that regular coupes have

Andyt72

Reaction score
I was at Goodwood on Saturday and had a good look round the car. In my opinion, not quite as nice in the flesh I'm afraid to say.....

If anyone interested in car, pm me and I can give more detail.

Andy