3.O CS Wiring diagram

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to make a high quality photo copy of this wiring diagram? Every one that I can lay my hands on is unreadable. I guess another alternative is a very high resolution scan that I could print out. Others have sent some scans but they lack the resolution necessary for me to read.

My car is a '73, produced in April of '73. US model, manual transmission.

BTW, I was at Carlisle las weekend and met Doug, the producers of Prospero's Garage Wiring Diagrams. What a great guy. He has done everything possible to attempt to help me, inlcuding sending 4 of hsi diagrams home with me, but none of them works with my car.

Thanks in advance,

jim

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to make a high quality photo copy of this wiring diagram? Every one that I can lay my hands on is unreadable. I guess another alternative is a very high resolution scan that I could print out. Others have sent some scans but they lack the resolution necessary for me to read.

My car is a '73, produced in April of '73. US model, manual transmission.

BTW, I was at Carlisle las weekend and met Doug, the producers of Prospero's Garage Wiring Diagrams. What a great guy. He has done everything possible to attempt to help me, inlcuding sending 4 of hsi diagrams home with me, but none of them works with my car.

Thanks in advance,

jim

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wiring Diagram

Jim,

I thought the Blue Book has the right diagram. I made a copy of one and then enlarged it several times and taped it all together. I have a May `73 car and the US cars have the extra window relays and circuit breakers which makes them a little more complex.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wiring Diagram

Jim,

I thought the Blue Book has the right diagram. I made a copy of one and then enlarged it several times and taped it all together. I have a May `73 car and the US cars have the extra window relays and circuit breakers which makes them a little more complex.

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These are the diagrams to which I referred in my first post. Great diagrams, just not accurate for my car.

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
These are the diagrams to which I referred in my first post. Great diagrams, just not accurate for my car.

acat2002

Reaction score
MY VIN number indicates an early 1973 US version, but there are several parts that suggest its a later '73 version like yours. For example, all of my window motors have the black plastic casing rather than the "sardine can" type. They have have been upgraded at some point, but the point of me mentioning this is that you may have to verify what you find in the Blue Books with what is physically in your car just to be certain.

I agree, the laminated Prospero wiring diagram is great to keep in the shop, tacked above your workbench for quick reference, but I agree, there are subtle differences between Prospero and the Blue Books.

I could email you a scanned copy of the blue book diagram, but don't have the capacity to enlarge it. PM me if you don't receive it from HBChris.

acat2002

Reaction score
MY VIN number indicates an early 1973 US version, but there are several parts that suggest its a later '73 version like yours. For example, all of my window motors have the black plastic casing rather than the "sardine can" type. They have have been upgraded at some point, but the point of me mentioning this is that you may have to verify what you find in the Blue Books with what is physically in your car just to be certain.

I agree, the laminated Prospero wiring diagram is great to keep in the shop, tacked above your workbench for quick reference, but I agree, there are subtle differences between Prospero and the Blue Books.

I could email you a scanned copy of the blue book diagram, but don't have the capacity to enlarge it. PM me if you don't receive it from HBChris.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
wiring diagrams

Wiring diagrams for a CS? For your coupe? Sure, no problem....it is easier than opening an adult book shop in the Vatican. Seriously, I have a 74 coupe and three different diagrams all of which were 'sposed to be correct but none of them is. I just found out I have a low beam relay, and a high beam relay, and no diagram I have shows them both..or the sunroof wiring, or the AC wiring, or the seatbelt wiring. Soi, whatever, I love the car and am determined to figure out the wirng myself...sometime. Try [email protected] has very readable diagrams that might, just might, be the right one for your version of the most beautiful BMW (since the 507.)

Bill
74 4310008

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
wiring diagrams

Wiring diagrams for a CS? For your coupe? Sure, no problem....it is easier than opening an adult book shop in the Vatican. Seriously, I have a 74 coupe and three different diagrams all of which were 'sposed to be correct but none of them is. I just found out I have a low beam relay, and a high beam relay, and no diagram I have shows them both..or the sunroof wiring, or the AC wiring, or the seatbelt wiring. Soi, whatever, I love the car and am determined to figure out the wirng myself...sometime. Try [email protected] has very readable diagrams that might, just might, be the right one for your version of the most beautiful BMW (since the 507.)

Bill
74 4310008

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wiring

Jim,

I found a copy and will send it your way. The `73 diagram is pretty darn accurate including the load shedding relays. None of them would have A/C wiring though.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wiring

Jim,

I found a copy and will send it your way. The `73 diagram is pretty darn accurate including the load shedding relays. None of them would have A/C wiring though.