HELP! Weber plumbing question.

shanon

Reaction score
howdy all,

got a simple question regarding the water/choke connection lines linking the two down draft 32//36 webers. Forgot to label it and in my reference pics the connection is obscured ...argh!!

There is a water choke connection line going from one carb to the other, does that connection between the carbs go from the rear carb upper inlet to front carb upper inlet, or does it go from the rear carb upper to the front carb lower inlet ....?!

I think it goes from top (upper) to top (upper) but ...hhhmmm... :roll:

TIA fellas!
-shanon

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shanon,
I don't think it makes a bit of difference. I know it doesn't on Zeniths, the water just flows through the carbs, direction is not important.

shanon

Reaction score
thanks Tony.

based on the formed curve of the old hose, I think it went rear-top to front-bottom, but if it doesn't make a difference , I'll try putting it top to top for a cleaner, symetrical look (yes. I'm a being a freak.. :lol: ).

Maybe hydrodynamics will dictate otherwise.....will let ya know... :shock:

thanks again
-shanon

vraned

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shanon,

I agree that there probably isn't much of a difference, from a hydrodynamic perspective. However, you may want to consider sediment build up. Notice on the Zeniths, below, that the both ports point downwards. Realistically, you just want to make sure that the outlet port points downward.

P8240052.jpg

P8240037.jpg

David

shanon

Reaction score
thanks David.

..but, golly, you didn't have to pull your motor just field my question, thanks !! :wink:

anyway, which is the inlet and outlet port? Or, which direction is the water flowing thru the system, rear of motor to front or front carb to back

Thanks again.
-shanon