Malaga touch up paint by the Pint?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have some pretty big touch up areas to refinish on my 2002 and was wondering if anyone sells it by the can? I think I would prefer to do some frame rails and battery tray repairs with a brush rather than spray and mask. That way I could leave as much original paint as possible. Anyone know of a source?

Dirk

Reaction score
Any decent automotive paint supply store should be able to mix you a quart or a pint of Glasurit or Spies Hecker paint that closely matches what you have on your car. As long as the area is not too visible you'll be ok with a touch up.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Malaga is very hard to match, I found this out personally. I had a PPG formula, old school paint guy mixed it up, too brown. I had a local shop scan it and he made rattle cans, close but not the same as a catalyzed mixture with a gun. If you can remove a piece with paint on it a good shop will do a custom color match.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Malaga is very hard to match, I found this out personally. I had a PPG formula, old school paint guy mixed it up, too brown. I had a local shop scan it and he made rattle cans, close but not the same as a catalyzed mix ture with a gun. If you can remove a piece with paint on it a good shop will do a custom color match.

I can't think of any part on a 2002 that is easy to take to a paint shop unfortunately.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't think of any part on a 2002 that is easy to take to a paint shop unfortunately.

Take the whole car, I had my Fjord paint matched very closely at a local restoration shop, they also painted my CSL airdam on my CSi.