Euro Auto Festival at BMW Zentrum, Spartanburg, SC

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
The 19th annual Euro Auto Festival was held last Saturday (10/18th) at the BMW Zentrum in Spartanburg, SC. There were over 400 cars on the field from Alfas to Volvo's (no Zagatos, so I couldn't say from A to Z). Here's a picture of Amy Lester and her "Best of the Best" winning 3.0 CS. Also a picture of my 2002 Z8. This year my coupe stayed home since I'd taken it to The Vintage and to Pittsburgh for the Vintage Grand Prix, so it was the Z8's turn for an outing. And here's a link to the rest of the pictures I took. Next year BMW will be Euro's "Marque of the Year" and Amy's talking about doing something to get a big E9 turnout. In 1999, when classic coupes were featured we had 27 E9's and 2000 CS's on the field. Maybe we can beat that number next year!

http://www.fototime.com/inv/DDF3526715BD7AC

Attachments

• IMG_4747.jpg
    IMG_4747.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_4602.jpg
    IMG_4602.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 197

dbower

Reaction score
Doug: Best set of pics that I've seen posted. Thanks.

I saw only 3 E9's in the show, although I understand there were more in the parking lots. Sorry I didn't get the names of the owners (other than Amy Lester). More E31's than I've ever seen in one place - they were a featured model. The quality, quantity and variety of cars on display was overwhelming.

Don

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
Don, thanks for the compliment. You're right that there were only two other E9's besides Amy's. One (Baikal/Red) belongs to Bob Platz from Philadelphia. The other (Polaris/Black) belongs to Kim (? sorry, I can't remember his last name) from North Carolina.

IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG

shanon

Reaction score
Have never seen Amy before, very nice. Guess that's what mine looked like off the showroom floor.

Nice motor, any details?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have never seen Amy before, very nice. Guess that's what mine looked like off the showroom floor.

Nice motor, any details?

From what she told me at Sharkfest, she found an e24 M6 motor in a crate and added the triple weber carb setup. She did this quite a while ago and claims to have been something of a trailblazer on the carb setup. It looks, sounds and smells fabulous.