googoutgoogout alert!

EJ333

Reaction score
I realize that there are several elements that aren't right about this e9, but could someone make commentary on the ducktail ? What are the things that make a ducktail right or wrong ? I am not here to pick on the seller, but at least I can use this as an educational tool for myself.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was disappointed that the fuel door doesn't close all the way on my $3K E9. One would think that fir $52K...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
how about the rust flakes on the drivers inner fender behind the shock tower, or all of the black goo to hide the other issues. at least we won't see his buddies bidding the car up.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh the disclaimers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Curious who he bought this car form and for how much? I'm sure it was bought within the last few weeks.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
The trunk looks exactly how you would expect from a 52K$ car :mrgreen:

a13578.jpg

12doplumbing

Reaction score
This is the SF South Bay listing I pointed out a few weeks ago and aaaalmost went down to view because the price was so tempting --- at 15,000! Was listed for 20,000, remember?
I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I think one of our members posted how frustrating it was that the craigslist ad showed only two pictures, parked in a carport, etc.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One could spend a single-spaced screen and more taking that car and its hyperbolic ebay ad apart. Let the Games begin. Steve

execmalibu

Reaction score
I must have the only other 2800cs with power steering!

I guess because it is soooo rare that my 2800CS is the only other car with factory Power Steering...:razz:

Do all of those holes in the left trunk Elephant skin cover help the car go faster by saving weight???

Attachments

• Dark Blue 2800CS Rt.jpg
    Dark Blue 2800CS Rt.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Dark Blue CS eng.jpg
    Dark Blue CS eng.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 2800CS  INT.jpg
    2800CS INT.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Dark Blue CS TOOLS.jpg
    Dark Blue CS TOOLS.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 147

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess because it is soooo rare that my 2800CS is the only other car with factory Power Steering...:razz:

Do all of those holes in the left trunk Elephant skin cover help the car go faster by saving weight???

I'm still trying to figure out what your tool kit has to do with power steering...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what your tool kit has to do with power steering...
Markos - i think that falls under the category of having one's tongue firmly planted in their cheek as they write. the pics have more to do with what googout's car should look like. what you should notice in the tool kit, other than the red handled heyco drivers, are the pink Beru spark plugs, the correct valve tool and feeler gauge as well as all of the correct light bulbs and fuses.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos - i think that falls under the category of having one's tongue firmly planted in their cheek as they write. the pics have more to do with what googout's car should look like. what you should notice in the tool kit, other than the red handled heyco drivers, are the pink Beru spark plugs, the correct valve tool and feeler gauge as well as all of the correct light bulbs and fuses.

Ahh. I agree that his cars are overpriced but I'm ages away from tool kit perfection. My clam shell doesn't even stay closed. At 50k, those are the details worth fussing over however.

stardoc

Reaction score
The trunk looks exactly how you would expect from a 52K$ car :mrgreen:

a13578.jpg

Yes and accordingly "due to the age of the car, some features that are working now,may not be working or stop working at the time of delivery. " like the ability to hold your personal items inside the luggage compartment.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Due to the age of the car, some features that are not working now may actually be working at time of delivery. Other features may work intermittently. Or not. Perhaps before delivery, perhaps after, perhaps not at all. Ever. But then again, the seller is not aware of all the car's features, working or not.
There is a 100% parts and labor guarantee on all features working or not, known or unknown to the owner while the car is owned by said owner. However, that warranty is null, void, gone, kaput, dead and unenforceable one hour before delivery.
The owner has complete discretion as to whether any warranty work will be done while the car is in the owner's possession. Don't get your hopes up potential buyer.

What do you expect for $52K.