Cars & Coffee Car Show (Formerly Crystal Cove)

Rakearch

Reaction score
CARS & COFFEE @ Ford PAG
November 18th (7:00AM-9:00AM)
Formerly Crystal Cove Car Show

On Saturday the 18th of November, BMW will be the featured mark at the relocated Crystal Cove Car Show.
We will have special parking for Vintage as well as Current performance BMW’s.
The new location is at the Ford Motor Company’s PAG center in Irvine Spectrum.

There is plenty of parking at the new facility, and you can come and go as you please. With 400 to 600 display cars, and unlimited spectator parking there are few limits.

If you have a pre 85 2002, coupe, big six or early M series car and wish to reserve a spot in the VIP Area, please contact me. We will have plenty of parking for current production cars so please show up and enjoy.

Photos of Past Gatherings
http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/

Vicinity Map
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2072/424/1600/FORD-PAG_CarsAndCoffee_BackMap.jpg

Hope you can make it.

Tom Rakestraw
73 CSIL
75 2002
98 E36 323 IS
04 X5

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Let me get this straight.

Every Sunday, all of these really sweet cars, maybe 400-600, just show up. Not organizing committee, fees or advertizing - they just show up.

Seriously?

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Len,

I hear you...

As you know, we've got some pretty nice scenic, buccolic treks here in the East....but they are clearly difficult to envision on a rainy and nasty day like we're having now.

Our task during the hibernation period is get the at least 15 or so coupes in the Tri-State on the same page for Spring, Summer and Fall coupe runs.

So lets ramp communication amongst ourselves so we can have better cohesion around events, dates and such.

Lets talk soon to begin the process.

Chuck

Dave L

Reaction score
Nov 18th

Hey Tom, I will show up that morning. I have two cars that qualify, but I'll bring my coupe. How many for our marque have given you the nod that they will show up that day? and what time do you suggest we get there for space in the prime lot?

Dave L

steve in reno

Reaction score
I will be in elsinore, ca early Jan. . Would love to meet others in group.
Can't bring my cs. I know that if I showed up with a hang glider on it, Murray would have a fit :lol: Plus would have to come thru to much snow and salt.
Also bringing my interior to San Diego for new leather seats and panels.
Doing my part to stimulate the economy!
steve

jrcalvin

Reaction score
Formerly Crystal Cove

The show is from 7am to 9am....2 hours? Stupid question I guess 7am-9pm?. How do they get all the cars parked in time? How early do you need to arrive to get parked in the VIP area for the BMW marque 11-18-06.

Rakearch

Reaction score
Current head Count

Thus far I have 10 coupes, 10 2002's 10 E24 Sixers, 10 E30 M3's, and in the special catagory pauls 3002ttil and 3.8 CSI, Martins 2002 turbo, 1600 cab, 1802 Alpina Tuiturg, 1600 Alpina, 93 E36 Light Weight, a few Issetta's and possibly a 503, 327 and M1. We will also see the new 3 series twin turbo coupe.

From what I here, there is likely to be an even larger turnout. For those that have contacted me for a reservation, I will send out more details this week. Basicly I need the reserved cars to be there between 6:30 and 6:45 AM.

Everyone is welcome in the main lot. Best if you are there by 6:45AM so we can all park together. We will also go for a short drive up Santiago Canyon afterwards.

Hope to see you there.

P.S. Steve, let us know when you will be in town, look forward to meeting.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
For those of us who don't have the luck to live within driving distance, please, PLEASE, post photos as soon as you get home!!!

Avalanche325

Reaction score
Just what I have been looking for.

I am thinking about getting a CS. But, I haven't seen one in the flesh for a long time. Except for a polaris colored one that zipped by me in Pasadena. My wife wants to have an up close look before she buys in.

Is this the correct address?

7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

Also is that until 9AM correct????? I am coming from Pasadena, so getting there at 7AM wouldn't be that much fun. But I'll do it if I have to.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Avalanche325,
I wonder if that was my polaris CS you saw. I'm here in Pasadena too.

I came across a very nice example for sale this summer here in Pasadena-much nicer than mine. If you are really interested I can go see if its still for sale and put you in touch with the owner.

Avalanche325

Reaction score
David,

It was on Mission St. near Garfield Park that I saw the CS. My wife and I were walking and you?? came up from behind us heading east. By the time I said "There's one!" You were gone.

I am probably a few months away from a purchase. I like to do some research and comparison before buying a classic. Also, my wife has not seen one up close and wants to check out the size and the interior.

I would like to know if that one is still for sale and talk to the owner if possible.

Thanks!!!

PS. If you are driving around Pasadena and see someone frantically waving, stop and let me have a look!!! :D

hdx 120

Reaction score
2000c

are we talking abuot a 120 or an e9 bodystyle If a 120 there are not that many in cali Seen a 1967 cs a white one the thing was cherry dual sidedraft webers Thats the motor i want in my 2000 c

Rakearch

Reaction score