Malaga 3.0CS NMNA

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Found on Norcal Craigslist.

00a0a_aoNJHBJciTx_600x450.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4604950224.html

Not sure I want to sell it. Putting this car up to see what offers I receive.

This car is all original. First owner was the actor Micheal Douglass and he kept it for 30 years. I acquired this car at the beginning of this year. Not sure what I want to do with it yet. I'm intending to do a full resto. Magala on a redish tan interior non sunroof with a manual. Solid rockers and floor pans. Stored indoors and it really shows. Turns heads everywhere it goes! Take a look. Inquire for more info.

cartoonz

Reaction score
...This car is all original. First owner was the actor Micheal Douglass and he kept it for 30 years. ...

If this is that car, it likely has a salvage title. Michael's kid Cameron seriously totaled this car while trying to drag a cop to his death down Cabrillo Blvd. in Santa Barbara.

Too bad, this was always a really stunning example and was totally pampered its whole life until Cameron got behind the wheel. This car was what Michael Douglass treated himself too when he landed his role on Streets of San Francisco, he told me that himself.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I saw this one in person last week...

I spent about 5 minutes looking at it and walked away. The more I looked, the less I liked it considering the figure being quoted.

The interior is tan, it's just the lighting...

YMMV!

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
If this is that car, it likely has a salvage title. Michael's kid Cameron seriously totaled this car while trying to drag a cop to his death down Cabrillo Blvd. in Santa Barbara.

Too bad, this was always a really stunning example and was totally pampered its whole life until Cameron got behind the wheel. This car was what Michael Douglass treated himself too when he landed his role on Streets of San Francisco, he told me that himself.

...glad you confirmed Michael D ownership as it was starting to look like a George Costanza "Jon Voight car " story :-D

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I saw this coupe at Coupeking back in 2005 right after I bought my coupe, thought it could have been a twin. Don't remember the side molding on the body though, it had just been purchased from Douglas and was being tidied up for new owner I think. Interior is original brown, very similar to mine, car was very clean. Wonder why it got new white license plates in 05 or so.

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Hmm...

This car that I saw had a LOT of scrapes, dents, chips, paint missing on the hood (as if someone didn't know how to use a power buffer), etc.

The A and C pillars both have a lot of bumps where they join the body (all four pillars have bumps as I recall).

The seller explained that this was just factory filler rising to the top after 40 years but it was a solid no rust car that he just couldn't decide whether to keep or not and he had all these special cars that he doesn't get to drive much so he is thinking about selling it if the price is right.

Like I said, I spent maybe 5 minutes looking it over and that was enough time for me to decide it wasn't my thing. For $38K, it should be a solid and honest example.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
what?

"factory filler rising to the top"

What the heck is that? Filler does not "rise" unless there's rust underneath, the underlying sheet metal has been bent, or it's an improper patch job done after the car left the factory. I've seen a number of all original E9's and none had bumps at the A/C pillar joints to the fenders/quarters. Those that did have bumps were all do to hack-quality body repairs.

cartoonz

Reaction score
...glad you confirmed Michael D ownership as it was starting to look like a George Costanza "Jon Voight car " story :-D

I can't confirm that this is Michael's old car, no.
What I'm saying is if it IS, it got all but destroyed by his son Cameron, so even if it somehow escaped a salvage title it definitely has had some serious work done...

in the early 1990's B.C. (Before Cameron) I had a conversation with Michael about his car and he told me its story. The car really meant a lot to him. I'm not sure what happened to it after his son all but destroyed it.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't confirm that this is Michael's old car, no.
What I'm saying is if it IS, it got all but destroyed by his son Cameron, so even if it somehow escaped a salvage title it definitely has had some serious work done...

in the early 1990's B.C. (Before Cameron) I had a conversation with Michael about his car and he told me its story. The car really meant a lot to him. I'm not sure what happened to it after his son all but destroyed it.

What happened to his son after that?

CadillacGreen

Reaction score

What the heck is that? Filler does not "rise" unless there's rust underneath, the underlying sheet metal has been bent, or it's an improper patch job done after the car left the factory. I've seen a number of all original E9's and none had bumps at the A/C pillar joints to the fenders/quarters. Those that did have bumps were all do to hack-quality body repairs.

Now you know why I walked away...

It looked to me, without poking a screwdriver, like it was rusting from the inside out. I don't bother getting in arguments with sellers over their car's condition, especially if I am going to walk away anyhow, so I left him with his thoughts and told him it just wasn't what I was looking for.

cartoonz

Reaction score
What happened to his son after that?

He's scheduled to be released from prison in 2018. Google has lots of info on his later escapades that landed him there...

uh huh, sure... newsflash bubba, lead doesn't do that!
Far more likely that -if this is M.D.'s old car- that's remnants of the repair work that needed to be done. Seriously, Michael Douglass' car was mangled pretty badly.

Craigslist ad is no longer up, did the seller find a sucker?

Last edited: