Senior's moment

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope this is not a trend. I have owned my 66 Corvair since 1982. It has languished off the road for at least ten years. A couple of times I have got the momentum going for resurrection. Most recently I made a small list of stuff I needed to get the ball rolling. Ordered it from Clarke's Corvair parts of Shelburne Falls Mass, which is like W&N on steroids. They have it all under one roof. The stuff arrived about a month ago and slowly I have made a couple of steps. today, looking through a storage bin in the vast trunk of my Corvair (up front) I pulled out a box of unknown origin. In it were the exact same parts I just ordered and some additional items. I now have 6 carb rebuild kits. Enough to carry me through till 2035.
Anyone else have these moments? I hope I didn't file two income tax returns.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I've discovered duplicate coupe parts that I had purchased before and never got around to installing, fortunately nothing high dollar - yet...

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
At least I am not alone Steve. On the bright side I found out that I can insure it for an additional $36 Cdn per year with a million liability!! I need ten more.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
CRS disease

You brought genuine out-loud laughter, where there hasn't been much today! I too have CRS disease...Got a note from a guy today trying to work a feasible deal for shipping a bmw 2002 dash to me?..That was three week old correspondence, I had slept many times since I had made the offer to buy and since given up, and of course, forgotten about it...Getting old is not for the faint of heart...

On a side note, you have me looking at Forester XT's for my dog's next ride...hard to find a tan interior (I'm in the south...) car.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought buying duplicate parts years apart was a requirement for membership on this site.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Didn't you already write a similar post 6 weeks ago?

I think they are all pretty similar, yes you nailed it.

@Dave, make sure your dog goes on the test drive and approves. Pretty sure my dog prefers the E46 wagon for dog ergonomics....plus the window goes down all the way.