Finally have my new E9

Phil88m6

Site Donor
Reaction score
As of 1am this morning I arrived home with my new E9. The car formerly belonged to Steve Bingham. Steve passed away December a year ago. Steve was a good friend and serious car guy. Lynda and I worked out a deal and I have become the new caretaker of the E9. We arrived last night with our new enclosed car trailer and the E9. In spite of snow storms, the trip went off without any problems. The car has has most of the restoration completed. Steve was never happy with the carburetors and a fuel injection ensued. He made good headway but never completed the project. That will be our task and the car will return to running condition. The factory wheels have been restored but will be pulled off and stored for concours showing. There is polished set of BBS RS wheels for alternative wheels. Thanks for letting me part of the group.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_4444.jpg
    IMG_4444.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 309

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I use a free JPG viewing tool: IRFANVIEW, which can (w/the right settings) not automatically right-side up the pictures so that you KNOW they need to be re-oriented.

Nice car! What color is that again?

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 244

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats! Beautiful car. Very sorry to hear about Steve. We traded some parts a few years ago and had several phone and email conversations. As I recall, your new car had a pretty extensive restoration. I think he even sent the inner window mechanisms out for plating. I'm pretty sure it was in Roundal some point.

Phil88m6

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Vince.

I haven't pulled door panels, but it wouldn't surprise me about the plated parts. Most of the car has been done that way. Steve was good guy and an a charter member of our Sharkfest group. He is deeply missed.

Phil88m6

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have looked at the tag for the color a dozen times and the name escapes me. I will post it at some point.

BimmerBud

Reaction score
WOO-HOO, did you ever get a WONDERFUL coupe! CONGRATULATIONS!! Steve's car was a personal inspiration for me to pursue an E9. It was perennially my favorite car at the Vintage at the Vineyard events and I always enjoyed my conversations with him. Steve is solely missed, but I am glad that his car has been placed with a proper steward and fellow enthusiast. I cannot think of a finer example, and Steve's attention to detail was unparalleled. We all look forward to seeing your new acquisition and the BIG smile on your face together at a show soon. SharkFest and The Vintage are right around the corner.

Phil88m6

Site Donor
Reaction score
WOO-HOO, did you ever get a WONDERFUL coupe! CONGRATULATIONS!! Steve's car was a personal inspiration for me to pursue an E9. It was perennially my favorite car at the Vintage at the Vineyard events and I always enjoyed my conversations with him. Steve is solely missed, but I am glad that his car has been placed with a proper steward and fellow enthusiast. I cannot think of a finer example, and Steve's attention to detail was unparalleled. We all look forward to seeing your new acquisition and the BIG smile on your face together at a show soon. SharkFest and The Vintage are right around the corner.

Thanks Bimmerbud! I look forward to getting back on the road!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Love that colour and glad a friend is the new caretaker.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations. Very glad you could take on the titles of 'new caretaker', and 'restoration finisher'. I'm sure you - like all of us will enjoy driving it when the second title is accomplished.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Phil,

Sent you a Private Message. PM.

You have to look up in the right corner of the page where login is to find a private message.

Gary
Peachtree Corners, GA