WTB: Summer daily driver: North East ~$30k

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just posted on FB I know nothing about this car.

'69 2800cs with newer 3.5, 5 speed, and disc rear upgrade. Solid car not a trailer queen, but good driver,garaged,photos to serious parties. Chamonix with blue leather interior. $16.5 USD 828.443.14O4 cell

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another coupe from the old Registry has resurfaced, cool. Needs lots of work though, too bad he removed fuel filler door. Quarter panel rust is a little more involved than owner assumes.

Hatchman

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what that WI a car goes for. Unfortunately it sounds like its going to take more than we're willing to put into it to get it where we want.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't wait for the lads to start sorting this one out. To my untrained, novice eyes, the owner is wearing rose colored glasses. I can understand that. Love is blind. But the rust appears more serious and much more expensive to remediate than he seems to realize. But this is a serious coupe that has surfaced, and someone is going to get a great car, but not cheap.
Steve

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Depending on the price, that car looks really good in my opinion, I think the owner said about as much as he could without writing a book. He obviously knows the car and although I'm not sure I would call the Webers an "upgrade" I think it looks pretty solid. The undercar rust shots don't bother me because it looks like the heavier pieces have the rust and those rocker edges are pretty strait and the trim pieces on the rocker covers look really solid and strait, something that usually gets banged up early on in life, so since this guy is an enthusiast and he knows the full history of the car I think it may be as solid as he says. There are some other areas that worry me; the lower firewall behind the header pipe looks a bit rusty and that's a pretty thin piece. My Polaris was rusted through there and it probably took about 15 hours of work to create a replacement piece and weld it in so that could be problematic. The A/C is another 2-4K depending on which way you go, and then the bubbling on the lower fender is a possible issue- I say possible because it could be coming from the layer between the old and new paint and not from behind the steel... So take that car and add 5-7K (if someone else is doing the work) to make it a perfect driver- again, just some thoughts.