Transporter Company Recommendation

EJ333

Reaction score
I purchased a '72 Toyota from a seller in Ontario, Canada and need to have it transported here to Southern Cal. Does anyone have a recommeded transporter that will handle the transport and associated paperwork whose services you have utilized with some degree of satisfaction ?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used Intercity as well for my Coupe. Took a while for them to have the required cars to pick it up in Idaho. From where in Ontario? If in Southern Ontario it should be pretty quick.

EJ333

Reaction score
Yes, that would be Scarborough. I'm not in any particular rush to receive the vehicle, so it should be fine, as the seller is very flexible and understands the transporter side of things.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Intercity Lines.
Many/most of the low cost carriers are just brokers that re-sell your contract to the lowest bidder.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It will be interesting to hear some feeddback from the forum on their Monterey experience.

Not for the E9, but I just used UShip to ship a vehicle across the country. This was ultimately farmed out to "Door To Door Transport". A few annoying things have happened so far. I specifically picked my arrival window and paid more for said window. The car was supposed to arrive between next Monday and next Tuesday. I wanted to be present to receive the car. They call me today to tell me that it will be ready tomorrow (Thursday prior). So now I have someone else signing off on the damage etc, which is a real bummer.

Also, the driver wanted me to meet him right off the highway to drop off the car. I whittled him down to a parking lot down the street, but ultimately told him to get the car from my house since he was two hours past the service window and nobody told me that I had to meet them offsite. The service was advertised as door to door (as the company name implies), and my street is perfectly capable of handling an 18 wheeler. He did pick up the car from my house, but the experience was slightly irritating.

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used Cappy Transport for the Lancia Fulvia from Port Hueneme to Cupertino. They did the customs discharge and all paperwork and delivered at home.
[email protected]
It all went very smooth, just emails and I gave the driver a check upon delivery.