15th Bavarian Autosport Show & Shine - NH

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The event will be Sunday October 4th, 2009, in Portsmouth NH at the Bavarian Auto store. The event has a lot of older BMWs attend annually.
Last year there were 4 CS coupes (incliding Duane Swords beautiful Alpina), a few 2002's, a 2002 turbo, and an Isetta.
This would be a good ending to a weekend cruise into New England. The weather is often very nice!
http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp#undefined

There are hamburgers, hot dogs and knockwurst, and hundreds of frosty beverages (soda and beer!)-- all for free.

duane_sword

Reaction score
I will be there with my coupe if the weather holds... otherwise I will be there in X5 if the clouds open...

my coupe is like the wicked witch in that I am scared it will melt when it rains

actually I am just a pedantic coupe owner who doesn't want to drive in the rain :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Out of town business prevents my attendance!!!
A bad year for car shows and me!
But I have been driving the coupe a lot while home.

73 E3

Reaction score
Shame you won't be attending Stan. Actually I won't be attending either this year. The weather isn't looking promising and I have to work. There's always next year.

Last edited:

duane_sword

Reaction score
well the weather held off, no rain though very overcast all day

I left home in Boston at 7.30am, arrived into Portsmouth at ~8.30am (for fear of incriminating myself with the police, rounding it off to the nearest hour should be fine) and the car was coverage in a fine mist (given the clouds were kissing the ground all morning)... the line-up to get into the Bavarian Autosport event was ~600 yards long and took me just as long to get into the parking/show.

only two coupes showed... and 400 too many Bangle-designed vehicles (I am a pre-Banglite with passion for previously owned BMWs including E36 318is, E34 M5, E46 323Ci, E46 M3, E39 M5, and our current family wagon E53 X5)

only a few more weekends up here in the northeast before the coupes get set in their caves for winter hibernation.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Bavarian Autosport decided last year that this is a show and shine only, no 'voting' for people's favorites... apparently in 2007 a bunch of guys from NY came up with a bunch of friends in each car, voted for each other, and won most categories... so the good folks at Bav Auto decided to change the format.

Over $8,000 was raised from raffle tickets and all proceeds donated to Komen Cancer Research fund, and the theme of the event is to have a fun day out of BMW gathering, with raffle prizes and a bbq. It was a good day and I guess ~300 BMWs showed despite the cloudy day.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pretty cheesy move on the part of those NY boys. They did it in 2004 too but only took 2 prizes. Too bad, I liked the voting and the excitement of a chance to win.

73 E3

Reaction score
See you up here Duane. Looks like quite a few 02's came up. Haven't seen any coupes yet.