left sunroof cable

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
WANTED: Anyone have or know whose got at least a left sunroof cable for 1974 cs? Or knows what other cable works?
Thanks

jmackro

Reaction score
A cable from an 80's Volvo, with a Golde roof (same brand used on the e9/e3) works great. In fact the Volvo cable is better because its end is metal, where the BMW cable end is plastic. Sorry, not sure of the exact years/models of Volvos that have these cables.

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dealer stated the cables are back order.
also my sunroof is electric. The Volvo Golde cable from 1980s Volvo apear to from manual sunroofs. The issue appears to be that the slider faces the wrong direction.

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
also my sunroof is electric. The Volvo Golde cable from 1980s Volvo appear to from manual sunroofs.

Yes, the cable from 1980s Volvo that I mentioned is for a manual sunroof. I wasn't aware you were working on an electric. Sorry, I know nothing about electric 'roofs.

Last edited:

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The only difference, other than possibly the length, between electric and manual sunroofs is the direction of the slider portion. FYI, Vw 1980s cables appear to be same as 1980s Volvos. I will try to change slider direction. This requires removing the slider and turning it around 180 degrees. This should work and the VW cables are very available so I should find them locally.

Last edited: