A Track Toy CS Coupe project car

Mario L.

Reaction score
I'm going to offer this up here, and we'll post some pictures this week, or next, PLEASE do not contact us till after the pictures have been posted . .
Perfect project car, or donor chassis for someone to restore, or to use to rebuild and reuse parts from another car . . . or complete it as I envisioned as a very lightweight fast CS Coupe.... or we can also do it for you here at VSR!

1970 2800 CS Coupe
Sahara Beige
4 speed
Chassis is rusty and repairable, some front fender rust on right side, floors and spare tire well need attention. doors, hood and trunklid are good, missing bumpers, radiator, brake booster and dash. No instrument cluster.
Stock Alloy wheels. This was a running car till we stole some parts, will still run but has no brakes or cooling system.

None of the below parts are installed!!!!
6 point roll bar
2 sport seats
race harnesses
Custom aluminum door panels and interior panels for rear seat area, all were professionally made.
CSL replica windsplits
CSL replica roof wing
CSL replica Bat rear wing
Alpina 3.5 liter engine, completely apart, all major components, copy of Alpina documentation. Engine is from a Euro 635CSi
Weber 40DCOE side drafts with Alpina plenum, complete set up including fuelpumps as removed from another 3.5 liter engine.
Big tube SS headers
VSR CSL front air dam
4 BBS RS 16x8 Alloy wheels
Authentic CSL Racing steering wheel

I haven't yet put numbers to this, this is a collection of parts I assembled to build my own Rat Rod CS Coupe . . that would go like a Bat out of hell! Truth is I have way too many passions and projects underway, and this one is just taking up space . . . . . .

Mario L.

www.VSR1.com

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why not put up the ad once you have determined price and have photos to show???? One of the more odd for sale posts I have seen.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pricing?

These things probably can't be prices accurately as anyone interested will also likely want some customization. I see this as this as more of a call for interested partners more than ready buyers who just need a bottom line price.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
These things probably can't be prices accurately as anyone interested will also likely want some customization. I see this as this as more of a call for interested partners more than ready buyers who just need a bottom line price.

I can understand the thinking but again, why put up an ad when you don't want to be contacted until you have put up photos in a week or two? Why not put up the ad when the ad is ready and interested parties can contact the seller. I guess the classified rules differ based on who is putting up the ad. I will just leave it at that.

Mario L.

Reaction score
Verde2002 . . .
I am aware of the classified rules . . possibly I could have thrown absurd price on this and negotiate down, as the value of the parts alone is huge . . ?
And as bfeng wrote . . . also to bait the waters . .. this isn't the type of project for the light hearted . . it's around passion where price shouldn't really matter much . . you might also note that I posted this at 2:19 AM, not being able to sleep . . . :p:sad:

Mario L.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Best of luck on the project and final product, based on what I have seen on your website you do great work.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Talked to Mario about this, his vision sounds awesome, I'm sold on the concept. I just need some deeper pockets to do it.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Totally speculating on this bfeng guessing $60+K. Full race prep, cage, group 2 race trim. Not all pretty, more of a flat primer rat sleeper. Streetable trackable fun. It would get a lot of attention at Legends of the Autobahn and Ofest 2016.

Costs could be higher depending on how far you want to go.

FYI there's a streetable race 2002 on ebay for $22K, that hits a coolness factor for me too.

Mario L.

Reaction score
Picture link

OK, a bit later than I desired, sorry!
We have taken pictures of everything here . . and put a hidden page on my website for this . .

These pictures are an outline to what could be a very cool hot rod CS Coupe . . . . . . .

As the base car is a 2800 CS with rear drum brakes, this is offered with a CS Coupe disc brake rear suspension. Engine is a running 3.0 liter with twin Weber 32/36 carbs, 4 speed Getrag gearbox.
Non AC, Non Sunroof coupe. yes it needs some rust repair, but what CS Coupe doesn't? :shock: :)

Interior . .no carpeting provided, included are the harnesses and roll bar, 6 point from a CS Coupe, Cobra seats and mounts, all rear aluminum panels to close off the rear section and aluminum door panels.

Engine, Alpina 3.5 liter, I have a photocopy of the original install of this engine into a Euro 635CSi. The engine is apart, and consists of a block, rods, pistons, cylinder head, Alpina reground BMW camshaft, and oil pan and powder coated valve cover.

Fuel Intake . . 3 Weber 40 DCOE carbs and Korman intake manifold, fuel pressure regulator, throttle linkage, Authentic Alpina air box and intake elbows. I have confirmed that they fit together. Set cam off of a korman built 3.5 liter with a Korman reground 300 degree cam, so carbs should be close to what the Alpina engine requires.

Headers, not pictured, SS from an E34 535i mandrel bent medium length large tubes.

Wheels, 4 BBS RS 16 x 8 with cracked tires and 5 stock CS Coupe alloys

Body work . . . Cloned parts, CSL Bat rear wing assembly, center foil is made of metal, front windsplits are adhesive, front airdam is a new VSR product.
I ... may possibly... have a set of used CSL SS fender flares . . . .

And to make the drive fun, an Alpina 4 spoke leather steering wheel.

See the pictures at:
http://www.vsr1.com/index.php?page=bmw-2800cs

As this was my own plan for a CS Coupe as a personal car . . I am personally interested in finding someone to take this project thru to completion and would happily entertain a serious discussion.

Mario L.
VSR1.com

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never seen a car offered quite this way, but it sure gets the imagination running!
Good luck with the sale.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wheels are turning in my head...I have 3 car projects in the works already...this would be an awesome streetable vintage racer. Sounds perfect for bfeng.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems to me the Alpina air box is not optimal for a track car from what I have heard. I think there would be a market for that.