Legends of the Autobahn Update

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From the CCA:

SEE BMW M'S LATEST CONCEPT CAR ON DISPLAY AT LEGENDS OF THE AUTOBAHN ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER RARELY SEEN MODELS FROM BMW'S COLLECTION!

And we have 15 coupes registered so far with three more planning to register soon, ones that everyone will want to see, don't wait if you are on the fence, sign up now.

Chris

Update from Munich: Did the BMW Museum yesterday and did the factory tour today, it was amazing, the Museum less so. There was a twin to Mike's 3.3Li though!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I plan to be there. My wife is out of the country so I will bring my spleen instead.
Can one bring tools and tweak things at this venue? Or is it a display and chat event?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like we will have 25 coupes, I know that is the most we've had, the prior record was 22 about five years ago. I hope to get a chance to speak with everyone but guess what, I've been assigned as one of the coupe judges. We have an incredibly challenging field of entrants.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow great Chris. Wish I was coming out but will have to be next year when my coupe will hopefully complete it's drive from Atlanta.
I think there were over 16 coupes in 2013 when I was there.

BTW I sure hope to me Arde next year including his garbanzo bean brain. He frequently makes my day with his humor.

Gary

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seeing no family or work conflict I registered for Legends!!!
However the site uses double clutch and I cannot quite see it complete. If it did not work and I drive to Monterey at that ungodly early hour I will steamroll my way into the corral. Make way to Verona.

Anyway my brain is not always the size of a garbanzo bean, when I wrote that my brain was swollen.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Barry and I are going to meet up at 6:30 AM at the Starbucks just east of the 101 at Story Road in San Jose. Address of that Starbucks is 1110 S King Street, San Jose. Anyone driving down 101 is more than welcome to join the caravan.

shanon

Reaction score
go time...

On the way to Monterey from east bay shortly, 680/101...

Anybody else around before Friday.
Son and I are starting our unicorn safari (catch & release) now

see ya there!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would meet on the other side of 17. How about around Aptos?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That would add 20 min to the commute. Would have to make up time, can you keep up

Oh, you were not planning to go over Hwy 17, I see.

Going over 17 is half the fun of going to Monterey. The other half is coming back over 17.

I am flexible, I can go on 101 and return on 17.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
I'm down to take 17 instead of the more boring 101 route. Barry, just text me when and where to meet up and I'll be there. :cool:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No , I love the 17. Pick a place to meet.
Ill pm you my number

I will have an espresso at the Seascape resort in Aptos. Not very far off Highway 1 and even closer to the ocean. Now that I picked the place you pick the time.

My son may join me if I find a way to wake him up. In the past I have bought smelly raclette cheese and placed it next to his nose to determine if he is asleep or just pretending.