30% off 24-7

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Our dollar has tanked. You folks in the US now get $1.30 when shopping here (Canada). Not that long ago the situation was reversed. Deals to be had.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Food for thought:

http://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/cto/5073499134.html

Pro-appraised at >$60K(2013), will consider respectful offers.

$55K CAD is respectful IMO. That comes out to $42K USD. This coupe has been discussed a few times in the for sale section. The forums agrees that it's not mint as advertised, but it may be a bit more enticing in the $40K range. It's pretty straight forward and not very expensive to get it over the border, plus another $1,500 in shipping.

01616_8YUUuJfUSzX_600x450.jpg

00L0L_iXMunWhf2iJ_600x450.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think the Subaru would be happy puling that. I am borrowing a friend's turbo diesel GM van. I think it will be up to the task. Funny story behind the boat. Since about 1986 I have gone on a yearly junket to North Bay, Ontario with 7 buddies from my school days. We hold it on an island. We always called it the Water Ski weekend. It was hosted by a classmate who's family owned an island on Trout Lake near North Bay . (locals call it garbage island)

This family had this old scrap late 50's Larson All American we called Relic. They have owned it since he was 6. My friend is a very unconventional guy….to the extreme. He is a school teacher who flits between Qatar, Shanghai and now is about to go to Japan for his latest post. He is approaching 60 and has no possessions. But he always comes back to North Bay and spends his summers living on the island, sleeping in a gazebo. No power, gas fridge, very quiet. Over the years Relic has been through 4 second hand motors. Always used 75 HPs that at first could pull us up on the skis. We weigh more now . These weekends were all about consumption. Food, booze , gas.
Now we are older, soon to be Grand Dads and still have our rituals. This wreck of a boat has had the transom split for the last two years. We joke about how the Merc will go do to the bottom when it rips apart. Not too much water skiing these days, although the name remains when we leave our families behind and they roll their eyes.

So this unbelievably nice Larson All American will be delivered up there next week, as a surprise. Still trying to figure out how to present it for maximum effect, and I hope we will carry on for a long time…. at least till Big Pete rips the transom out.

Last edited: