insurance & appraisals

petert

Reaction score
I'm just ready to take out my '73 CS after extensive restoration. I will be driving it frequently and I am checking out insurance. Does anyone have any referrals I can speak to? Also, I am wanting to get it appraised before it hits the road, any suggestions who I may call? Thanks

shanon

Reaction score
look here

howdy,

maybe looking in one of the vintage rags (Classic Motorsports, Hemmings Classic, etc) might give you some leads.

I think one may have done an article on classic issurance fairly recently (call the Mags and ask about a back issue?), topic seems familiar. I think they have stipulations location and miles per year etc.

let us know what ya find out.

HTH
-shanon

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have my e9 insured with agreed value from Hagerty. I've got the value at $15k now, I'm going to boost it to $18k soon based on where prices have been going. So far all they've asked of me is pictures of the car. I can't decide if I'm creating this memory or not, but I seem to recall someone from there telling me I wouldn't need an appraisal until I got to $25k.

mandala

Reaction score
I have both my 74 cs ($18000) and my 01 m coupe ($34000) with Hagerty. Although i have not had any claims ii have had nothing but good experence with them. I was lucky to be able to get my m coupe on with theem as it saved me a ton of cash by doing it!
Jeff

Shawn

Reaction score
It is always a good idea to have a solid and current appraisal if you are using a "standard", non-classic oriented (vs. agreed value) insurance policy. I came upon this issue about 6 months ago after completeing my long restoration project. I could either go with a Haggerty or the such, have an agreed upon value but have some type of restrictive driving terms, etc. I preferred to stay with State Farm for I wanted the option of driving it as a daily driver if I needed or wanted, I have been with State Farm for 18 years, and my agent said to get an appraisal (he even referred me to a good appraiser) and they would honor the value. The appraisal was fair, reflected current market, and I was able to maintain the unrestricted driving terms.

Good Luck.

Shawn

Malc

Reaction score
Depends on which country your in
In the UK I use Footman James they allow me unlimited mileage / use on my other cars including MGA and BMW2002Tii

I have agreed values for them too. They wanted pictures or get an assessor to look at them.

Malc