Sunny day

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry members, I could not resist; the summers in Austin are so hot that even on the nicest days our "greenhouses" can just be too sweaty to drive in comfort. While the nights are better I think it's still more fun in the daytime. I took the old gal out yesterday and snapped some shots.

Attachments

• sunny day1.jpg
    sunny day1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 177
  • sunny day2.jpg
    sunny day2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 169
  • sunny day3.jpg
    sunny day3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 158
  • sunny day4.jpg
    sunny day4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 174

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry members, I could not resist; the summers in Austin are so hot that even on the nicest days our "greenhouses" can just be too sweaty to drive in comfort. While the nights are better I think it's still more fun in the daytime. I took the old gal out yesterday and snapped some shots.

well done ! spring and autumm are the nicest times for driving the coupe
i am looking forward to next saturday morning, as cold sunny weather has been forecast

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had inspiration to make a video but I'm not very good at that stuff, though I hope to do one before the cold rain arrives. I think I saw one that Murray made and it was truly inspirational in its subtle action and the calm tone of his voice, it made me want to just get in and drive for no particular reason.

jamesw

Reaction score
Right on Peter! We have the same conditions here in Houston and I have been driving Sahara to work almost every day (windows down!). This Sunday I'm taking her out to a car show. Last Sunday we did Supercar Saturday and I was directed to park next to a McLaren. :) It's pretty awesome when our cars get more attention than the supercars.

Cheers
James

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Finally, a woman under 40 :)

While driving my young punk son to high school this morning in the e9 I passed through the shark-infested waters of what is the K-5 school zone, there was a rather stunning "yummy mummy" with her toddler who had an enthusiastic admiration for my car and a day-brightening smile. Although I am sure her admiration was limited to my car it still gave me a school-boy's rush.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Add her to the registry if you get a chance. I assume it was a numbers matching specimen.

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At first glance everything looks original, if the possibility arises I will attempt to open her hood and examine her vin. I will then report my findings to the registry. Thanks for the reminder :)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what is better than some wine after a nice drive while admiring the beauty of the coupe?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fair Warning

de Q, one early autumn morning you may find me on your doorstep. I will be homeless, I'll have no money, but I will bring some wine.

That view is absolutely priceless, so you are a truly wealthy man!

Enjoy

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what is better than some wine after a nice drive while admiring the beauty of the coupe?
hmmm ... my thought is - what is better than drinking some nice wine? okay, i will add a caveat ... what is better than drinking some nice wine (when you are anywhere close to my age). when you are younger, you think with different approaches to life.

i drank about 12 different wines with some friends tonight - 2006 corton charlemagne, 2005 chassagne montrachet (premier cru), 1994 alsatian gewurztraminer (zind humbreche), 2005 hermitage blanc, 1999 palmer (bordeaux), 1994 la dominique (bordeaux), 1990 beausejour duffau (bordeaux), 2009 rhys pinot noir, 1998 duhart milon rothschilds (bordeaux), 2004 vosne romanee, les beaux monts (burgundy), a vintage port. any guesses what the best wines were?

jamesw

Reaction score
It's car show season in Houston - so we hit up a great classic show today. They parked Sahara front and center and in the shade even! That made the drive home a lot more pleasant.

Cheers
James

Attachments

• IMG_6730.jpg
    IMG_6730.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 89

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmm ... my thought is - what is better than drinking some nice wine? okay, i will add a caveat ... what is better than drinking some nice wine (when you are anywhere close to my age). when you are younger, you think with different approaches to life.

i drank about 12 different wines with some friends tonight - 2006 corton charlemagne, 2005 chassagne montrachet (premier cru), 1994 alsatian gewurztraminer (zind humbreche), 2005 hermitage blanc, 1999 palmer (bordeaux), 1994 la dominique (bordeaux), 1990 beausejour duffau (bordeaux), 2009 rhys pinot noir, 1998 duhart milon rothschilds (bordeaux), 2004 vosne romanee, les beaux monts (burgundy), a vintage port. any guesses what the best wines were?

I need to visit you again!