'70 2800cs - Salt Lake: $15k buy it now

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there is some scary rust bubbling out at all of the wrong places. gawd those seats are awful. i think they would have to pay me to take that coupe.

corvair kid

Reaction score
gawd those seats are awful.

Those are the optional sport seats out of a B6 VW Passat - they're actually incredibly comfortable and supportive. Big downgrade in comfort when we traded our Sport-package '06 Passat in on an X1.

But, yeah, they look really dumb in an E9.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
But the seller says: "There are some rust issues that will need to be addressed but no major rot that I can see."

If the seller can't see the rust, doesn't that mean that everything is OK? :lol:

I know your post is in jest. We can laugh about it, but the sellers statement is valid and true. It is up to the buyer to interpret the damage and gauge the risk. I can't imagine spending more than $5K on any old car without doing extensive research. I research new car purchases extensively for that matter.

One thing that people don't really consider here. If you park your car in a climate controlled garage and don't drive in the rain, you can live with a car in this shape indefinitely.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Learned something. I think i like the seats too. Not for coupe, but for my Passat wagon where I've never quite liked the standard seats.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
And for some of us, that's still all it is worth....

I've only seen one $3K E9 in the last 1.5 years, and I bought it. This car may only be worth $3K to you, but the market disagrees. One can't even find a shell for less than $5K. You need to chose which side of the market spike you want to play in. The used parts and project car prices went up in unison with the $35k+ weekend cruisers. These cars are no longer measured by utility. Value is based entirely on demand, and demand is very high, especially for cars that an average auto enthusiast can afford.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
$18.5k and says "considering the rust repairs needed i priced it accordingly". No to mention the cheapo color change. (!)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't know, I kind of like that shade of lipstick on piggies.....JK, wow, from bad to worse. Just paint the rust, yeah yeah, it goes away when you do that!