Heritage Corral at Bimmerfest West next weekend May 28 and 29

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know there were some complaints in the past about the testosterone quality (?) of this event but I was reading that Pelican Parts is sponsoring a "vintage" area.

Here is the text of the email I received:

Pelican Parts Heritage Corral at Bimmerfest 5/28 & 29
Bimmerfest kicks off Saturday, May 28th through Sunday, May 29th at the Auto Club Speedway in southern California! Bring your pre-1982 BMW to the event and park within the Pelican Parts Heritage Corral among E21s, E28s and E24s plus other classics. You'll see everything in the Heritage Corral from daily drivers, current projects and concours-quality restorations. The Pelican team will be there displaying new products and answering your tech questions for current and early cars. Come say hello! Can't make it to Bimmerfest? Check out our photo galleries from 2014 & 2015and stay tuned for our 2016 event coverage.​
Although that text only mentions e21, 28 and 24, The photo that accompanies it is that of an e9...

Link:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/bmw-events/Bimmerfest-2016/

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I didn't see this post somehow I was pretty much saying the same thing in what I was going to post. I've never been but I'm going Saturday for the Heritage Corral. One thing to keep in mind is after you pay on MotorsportReg the $30 (If you enter the Battle of the Bimmers, they have a Classic BMW section and a Clean), there is another $35 cash gate fee per car, not per person. Keep that in mind. I think I screwed up and paid for something I didn't need to because I just want to park in Heritage Corral. Oh well. Too many Ale's that night.

And it does say Any BMW produced prior to 1982 on the website Heritage Corral link. Along with E21, E28 and E24. I have a feeling we will be the minority at this but going in with open mind and there is a Beer Garden after all. So how bad can it be? I will take some pics and report back.

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I guess you do need to participate in the Battle of the Bimmer's in order to park in corral. So not a waste of money after all. It wasn't 100% clear when I heard there was a $35 gate fee as well. Here is email I received from the promoter in case anyone is going or thinking of going.

Hi Shane,

We're parking classic BMWs who are participating in the Battle of the Bimmers in the Heritage Corral. Please make sure you have your MotorsportReg email on your dash so the judges can find your car. Additional entry details will be sent out this week. Plan on being at Auto Club Speedway for Battle of the Bimmers load in at 8:00am.

Any more questions about the Battle of the Bimmers sponsored by Toyo Tires or Bimmerfest in general let me know.

Tim

--
Tim Jones
Executive Editor | Owner | Forum Admin | BMW Enthusiast
performanceIX Inc - BMW News, Events and Community Forums
Bimmerfest.com | E46Fanatics.com | E90Fanatics.com | F30Driver.com

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you are young, have a newer BMW, have lots of cash, like to add 20s, faux carbon fiber, 10,000 watt stereos, gangster tint, etc. this show will appeal to you. It just isn't geared to vintage BMWs no matter what they say. There were supposedly 20 2002s and I have read nothing favorable on the 2002faq.

SoCalVintage is the best show down here and it's in October, plus San Diego CCA clean car in May and our HBConcours clean car this Sunday.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris nailed it on the head. I wanted to go just to go..... once. That was the first and last time. Only thing that got me to go really is I wanted to drive the Bav on further and further trips to get it "aired out" so to speak for Monterrey. That part of the trip worked out great. Car ran flawlessly, it started to get a little hot waiting in the endless line to get in, even arriving fairly early. Why they do not have a double left turn lane into the track is crazy to me? Learned to go past the left turn and do a U-turn and come in that way. If any of you ever go to a venue there (I'm guessing not too many NASCAR fans on the board). Temp. was on the 1-o'clock mark briefly, stayed there until it moved again and quickly went down.

The other draw for me was that Pelican was putting on the vintage corral. Very small showing, not one coupe which I was expecting. I'm still not used to 8-series being vintage BMW's. I love the 8-series, way ahead of its time. So much so they still don't look vintage. Beautiful under appreciated cars. The rest of the cars all look the same to me. Just a sea of plastic, over fenders, rims, and paint jobs with mostly leased, pumped up cars. Rusty Slammington did roll through and it sounded fantastic! The Stanceworks guys are good guys, it was cool to see and hear Rusty driving.

Bright side, food trucks were really good actually, brought my trusty cooler for some cold ones, did run into some of our local board favorites and a few other friends in vintage scene so that was cool.

Couple cool 2002's and owners that will be in Monterrey that came all the way from Carmel, thought that was a long way for a small vintage show. They reminded me when I was 15 and had my first 02', great enthusiasm. I will post what little pics I have just for the hell of it. Been busy working on car after work. Two cool E30 M3's. The Marlboro and the MOMO. I liked them at least. Some patina 2002's and the best part was this little kid in a custom i8 that his dad made for him. He looked like he belonged in a crib and he was driving this car like a pro, it was funny as hell, you just had to be there. Anyhow, enough rambling about a show I will never go back to. They are still BMW's after all, so, could have been worse way to spend the day. Sat by the pool afterward and enjoyed Memorial Day with a sun burnt forehead the rest of the week.

Last edited: