New Milwaukee Bav owner

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
After lurking around in this forum for all too long... I finally gave in a picked up a '72 bav. Of course being in Wisconsin and not being able to find one that isn't rusted to bits forced me to bring one in from Oregon.

Lot's to do to get it where I want it to be, but a solid car to start with. Thanks to everyone that has already helped by maintaining and supporting such an informational forum. I figured it's finally time for me to start formally contributing.

Anyone else in the area?

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"SOLID CAR TO START WITH"........ best 5 words you can hear before a restoration. I found a very solid 2002 from Oregon a few years back. I bought it sight unseen and no PPI. Was a great car. Never taken out in the Winter I guess. Welcome.... post some before pics, it's always nice to see the progression.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
The car showed up in the classified section for a few days a while back... so here is the before. It actually looks a bit better in the picture than in person, a few little surface bubbles here and there, but the underside and all the usually places have zero issues fortunately. I did the same and bought it by reviewing pictures and many conversations with the owner. I'll get around to posting some other before and after, maybe in a separate E3 thread in an attempt to breath some life back into that section.

Drivetrain is fairly sorted out with a new head replacement, updated cooling, bilsteins, weber carbs, a rebuilt AT transmission (not ideal i know but from what I've been told very reliable now), and some other little things here and there.

some nice options with the sunroof, a/c (that's not cold), rear head rests, fog lights (that were stole during shipping), a full too kit (that most of which were stole during shipping). That's another story.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22004

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Milwakeesk,

What's your name? Welcome to the forum and E3 ownership. I'm in the area and have an E3 as well. I'll be at the Brew City Cruise Night www.brewcitycruisenight.com gathering next week when it's German night. Look me up.

Luis