e9 on Petrolicious

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am working on a bolt-on solution to put an S54 into an E9. Standby!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's another:

E9%20Classic%20BMW%203.0%20CS%20with%20BMW%20M5%20engine%20swap%20-%2002.jpg

E9%20Classic%20BMW%203.0%20CS%20with%20BMW%20M5%20engine%20swap%20-%2003.jpg

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Teahead, that's a great conversion as well, but it's an S38.

With the price of S38s skyrocketing, and the availability of parts for them becoming an issue, I decided to go with an S54 for my E9. I'm working with a fabricator that has a great deal of experience with S54 conversions. But be warned, you'll have to get rid of the E9 steering box, and probably the front suspension. But there should be bolt-on solutions for that too.

You'll be able to buy the parts straight from the fabricator, and I'm doing a full DIY build thread. Hope to have something to show you in the next few weeks.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Teahead, that's a great conversion as well, but it's an S38.

With the price of S38s skyrocketing, and the availability of parts for them becoming an issue, I decided to go with an S54 for my E9. I'm working with a fabricator that has a great deal of experience with S54 conversions. But be warned, you'll have to get rid of the E9 steering box, and probably the front suspension. But there should be bolt-on solutions for that too.

You'll be able to buy the parts straight from the fabricator, and I'm doing a full DIY build thread. Hope to have something to show you in the next few weeks.
looking forward to reading about it and seeing pix