E3 hood insulation

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Discussed recently, it's still available from BMW, cost was $70.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 244

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is good news Chris it was definitely not available for a long time while I was restoring the Si.

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
Great news Chris. Maybe BMW NA have stock, but my dealer here says it's NLA from Germany.
Any chance you could grab one for me and I'll reimburse you, via paypal or whatever method you prefer?
I have a friend in LA who could pick it up, also another friend (aircrew) who flies to LA regularly and could collect it.
PM me if you'd prefer, thanks.

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
No word yet from HB Chris.
Is there anyone else who could help me in purchasing one of these sets from BMW in the US?
BMW here in NZ are not able to access parts from BMW NA, only Germany direct, where the part is listed as NLA.
Pelican Parts also report it as NLA, so must only be BMW dealer stock in USA.

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello, Kiwi. I ordered some a few weeks ago (and promptly received it) from BMW of Warwick. Part no. was 51-48-1-806-707. Cost was $70.46. Here is contact info for their parts representative:

[FONT=&quot]Lisa Disaia[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parts Manager[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BMW of Warwick[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]P 401-304-3231[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]F 401-826-1204[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]

Good luck!

AG
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
Thanks for the contact AG

Will give them a try.
Are you happy with the quality of the foam?
Is it the same as original?
Only asking this as I've heard it may be different to the original part.

Cheers

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't really know how it compares to original as I had no original foam left. But it seems to me to be good quality based solely on touch and appearance for whatever that is worth. Others could tell you better than me I am sure.

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
Lisa at BMW of Warwick was very helpful, although she says the absorber will have to come from Germany.
This is contrary to what my BMW dealer here tells me - NLA from Germany!
I'm a little confused.

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
My new hood liner has arrived

In the end I purchased this from BMW of Warwick thru the aforementioned Lisa, who was most helpful in ordering and getting the package to me. She personally went to her local post office to price and arrange shipping, and on top of that she threw in a complimentary pack of Twizzlers! (not partial to these myself, but it was a nice gesture all the same).

The liner itself appears to be of very good quality, arriving within the quoted delivery time, well-packaged and undamaged - see pics.

I'm sure there are many good BMW spares people out there among the US dealerships, but I can highly recommend Lisa at BMW of Warwick for straight-up, no fuss, customer-orientated service, and would certainly consider purchasing spares from this dealer in future.
Thanks again for the referral, AG. :-D

Attachments

• E3 hoodliner_1.jpg
    E3 hoodliner_1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 181
  • E3 hoodliner_2.jpg
    E3 hoodliner_2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 187

zambo

Reaction score
Freight to NZ

Hi kiwi

I was wondering what the freight was on top of the purchase price? I am in Brisbane but should be similar to NZ.

Thanks

Richard

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
Hi kiwi

I was wondering what the freight was on top of the purchase price? I am in Brisbane but should be similar to NZ.

Thanks

Richard
Shipping was $US40.60.
I have since received two follow-up emails from Lisa, to check that I received my shipment and also to wish me a Happy New Year.
Outstanding.