Ignition Coils?

DougE

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a later production 1972 3.0CS, I have installed a Pertronix along with a Bosch red coil. I read recently on the 2002 Faqs board that I should be running an 1.8 ohm ballast resistor on the + side of the coil if not I run the risk of frying the Pertronix... TRUE?

Thanks Doug

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
i have pertronix on the csl with a 'flame thrower' coil. I was told that I did not need the resistor by a number of people.

Regards,

Rohan

Malc

Reaction score
Rohan
I run Lumetron ignition on my 2002Tii, no ballast resistor.
Don't think you need it if your going "after market" set up
Good luck
Malc
PS how is the collection these days - my good lady only believed me after showing the pictures of your shed!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Malc,

been very impressed by your photos and commend your perseverance. The collection is going well enough. Im driving the m6 about which is good fun. Need to get the yellow one going right and use it a bit.

The bat is still in the same state as you last saw it, really need to get cracking on that!

The 2002 looks very nice in the photos from when Dave visited you, surely you will have to keep the cs as yours when done and not hand it over!

Rohan

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The red coil is not protected with an internal resistor, so you should have one in the positive wire to the coil, regardless of points, Pertronix, etc.