E9 Trunk Light

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
I don't believe this is a trunk light. At least it doesn't look like the trunk light in my coupe. Mine is a flatish clear plastic one. This one looks more like a bumper mounted license plate light, although not quite like the ones I have. My Hellas have a thinner plastic lens.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this one looks exactly like the one under my hood - which is the same shape as the new one in my trunk - which you can buy from BMW ... the difference of the new one is that its all clear.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Same light from an E 24 and dealer available. 63311362711 They are the same for the engine bay as well as the trunk. The trunk light lens should be half silver and the new light I bought was completely clear. I masked mine off and sprayed it with what ever silver I had in a rattle can and it came out as original. The current picture shown in realoem gives the impression it may be 1/2 silver already. Realoem shows the cost at $27.00

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i left the trunk all clear - more light in the trunk. i did leave the hood light as half silver so that the light only goes to the inside of the engine compartment. BTW - Steve, i'm assuming you turned your light over.

Stefan

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the hood and trunk light vs the rear licence plate light.
I'm in (100%) what IS3FIFTY described.
Guess we need to clarify this, as well.
Hard to believe we missed this one before? :)

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Neither one of my hood/trunk lights is painted like that, just half beveled, half clear on the lens.