Clutch slave leaking-rebuildable?

Buffarea

Reaction score
Hi all. My clutch slave is leaking from the boot. It is the pre-74 style slave that mounts threw the bell housing using 2 circlips rather than the 2 bolt style. A new replacement is $300.00, so I am inquiring as to if it can be rebuilt.
Otherwise, I am in the market for a new/used one.
Thanks,
Michael
http://
bmwslave.png

Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
rebuildable clutch slave cylinder

Yes.

Someone else might know if a 2002 Tii might fit though. It certainly looks similar.( $56)

Also, it looks like some vendors sell rebuilt. ( Maximillian- "service". $106.)

jmackro

Reaction score
Just for laughs, why not post the dimensions of your slave cylinder. Say the OD where it fits into the hole in the bell housing, the spacing between the two circlips, and its overall length.

1970's era Alfa Romeos use a similar ATE slave cylinder. It looks like:
cc180.jpg

These are available for $44.50. The actuator is probably different, but your old one could be substituted. I'm sure I have an old Alfa cylinder in my pile-o-parts. Post the dimensions, and I'll check if they are the same.

Buffarea

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input and links. Strange that overnight it leaked a big puddle from the boot, the fluid level had dropped to just exactly to the level were the clutch line is. So I topped up the fluid and HAD to drive the car while constantly pulling over to check fluid level. After not loosing any in 10 miles of city driving it was not wet so I proceeded with my nesc. day of driving. It has not dripped a spec in 2 days!
Now I know these things don't heal so I guess I am gonna take a flyer at an '02 slave and macgiver to fit as needed.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sadly - most slaves and many masters are unbuildable.