1973 3.0 CS for sale

deanlund

Reaction score
Sugar Land, Texas
Very solid with 106,000 original miles. Amazingly rust free and original. Must see to believe. Looking to sell within the next week to highest bid.

Attachments

• BMWFront.jpg
    BMWFront.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 434
  • PICT7373.jpg
    PICT7373.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 367

deanlund

Reaction score
More about 1973 3.0 CS

Dear Chuck and Keith,

I'll be contacting you today individually.

The car is standard/manual. Yes, it has a sunroof. The interior is black and in very good shape. I'm uploading some additional pictures, but having technical difficulties with the quality of the images. Therefore, I'm making several short videos of the ins and outs of the car to email to you or post to this website if possible. If that doesn't work, I'll have to post to a website and send you the link.
Has original glass, wheels, etc. "Restoration" is very limited. Seats have been replaced and paint job was redone. The car runs, but it would be best to blow out fuel lines and refuel before starting up. I had long time personal mechanic look it over before entering this endeavor. It has been kept in climate controlled storage for most of it's life in Texas.

deanlund

Reaction score
More Pictures for 3.0 CS - 1973

Some of these may be duplicates and fuzzy, but will have to do until better photos and/or video can be taken and uploaded.

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Front1.jpg
    Front1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 350
  • insidedoor.JPG
    insidedoor.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 342
  • PICT7368.JPG
    PICT7368.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 333
  • side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 341

61porsche

Reaction score
E9r nearby

Guys,

I live all but about 10 miles away in West Houston. Should any of the members want another members help, just let me know.:)

deanlund

Reaction score
That's great and very nice of you. Nothing like an objective 3rd party to help things along. I just can't seem to get pictures or video to do this car justice. Thanks again.

deanlund

Reaction score
email?

Standard or automatic ? Sunroof ? Interior color ? Photos showing the tops of strut towers & adjoining fenders would be a great help. Thank you. ~ John Buchtenkirch

John, I've got 3 short videos I can email you if you'll provide me with an email address.

deanlund

Reaction score
Yes, posted it on Craig's List.
I haven't been able to find any rust on this car. It was last started a year ago and ran solid with cold AC at that time.
Interior is black cloth. Needs new carpet.
Can send video to email address if interested.
Looking for highest offer within next few days.
Call 281-222-8520 or 832-277-5777 with questions.

Attachments

• trunktire.jpg
    trunktire.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 193
  • toolsintrunk.jpg
    toolsintrunk.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
Local member's observations....

Saw the car..

1. Body- very dry car. Usual places like the struts, fender tops, rockers, inner fenders, floors, spare tire area, underside clean and dry. Small area on the left front lower fender and tiny amount near left rear. Yes, I spent most of my time underneath. The car has been well undercoated sometime in it's life which obviously helped in its preservation.

2. Paint- to be perfect- redo the hood. Small tiny bubbles from the first repaint solvents came back through.

3. Underhood- original needing detail and a few minor things to address like one choke needs a supply wire, the egr system needs checked, partially there, but the retard to the distributer needs checked and has original blue vac lines. Recent correct exhaust. I suspect that it wouldn't take much to get it moving again.

4. Interior- Recaros with matching rear material in excellent shape,. Carpet may have been dyed from brown to black. Could be redyed possibly for those wanting to keep the original. Wood refinished some time ago, but could use a resand and top coat for those perfectionists. Door cards redone to match the black theme. Tasteful and professonally done. Alpina steering wheel.

5. Trunk- just needs cleaned up and detailed. Carpet redyed.

This is a very original car that's not been monkeyed with. The upgrades ( considered by some) of the Recaros/ interior were professionally done.

Many here have purchased and restored far less of a car than this and should be worthy of consideration to many here that understand some work is required with most any car. I did encourage the seller to take more pictures and further explain the condition.

Happy to discuss futher or help in any way. No affiliation; just interested in preserving the breed.

Last edited:

deanlund

Reaction score
Update on this vehicle

This car is still up for sale. Started her up and it runs great.
Things that would probably need to be redone to get it in tip top shape are fixing/replacing electric window motors, replacing rubber stripping in various places, carpet has seen better days. This car is on consignment for guy who moved to Connecticut. Description below from Porsche61 (no affiliation) is very fair. He knew way more about the car than I did and learned a lot from him. Now that I know a little more about the car, condition, and market I'm asking $18,000. Please call me or text me at 832-277-5777 (leave a message and I'll call you back). Better pictures/short video can be sent to you upon request for serious buyers, but please specify which parts of the car you'd particularly like to see. If there is anything I've learned about this process it's that different buyers are more interested in different aspects and differ in what they are willing to do to restore the vehicle. Email these requests to [email protected]. Thanks for your time.

deanlund

Reaction score
More Pictures

Here are some interior pictures. Recaro Seats, sunroof, etc.
The white circles floating around are from the camera, not stains on the car. :)

Attachments

• backseats.jpg
    backseats.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 184
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 176
  • doorpanel1.jpg
    doorpanel1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 170
  • frontseats.jpg
    frontseats.jpg