yes, another dumb rim question

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Have the opportunity to buy some staggered BBS rims off 530i . Before diving in , need to know if they will fit. Details given to me :
8jx16h2et20
9jx16h2et24

Tyres(which I guess can be changed )..225/50ZR 16 92W and 245/45ZR 16 94W
Apologies if this size has been dealt with before but couldn't find anything specific . Front fenders have been rolled . Cheers, Simon

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From notes I have ET 11 on fronts and up to ET 24 on rears. 8" ET20 is really wide for the front and will either hit the strut or rub on the fenders even if rolled.

tmason

Reaction score
Bez size's is what I have and I like the fit. Can't rotate but really make the staggered rims look right.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you put an 8"et 24 wheel on the front of the car, you will have a good clue as to what it will hit. the center of the wheel will be 9mm closer to the center of the car with an et20 wheel. so slightly less than 3/8" ... and the rim is 1/2" wider on both sides. so it will likely rub on the strut. since the tire is wider than the 7" wheel, the question is probably whether or not the 205/55 will fit on the 8" wheel. according to bridgestone, the re-11 tire in that size is for a wheel size ranging from 5.5" to 7.5". the overall width of the tire is 8.4" and the tread width is 7.2"

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Don't give up yet - I have 8x17 ET20 on my fronts with rolled fenders - no rubbing. That are almost flattened - not just rolled.

There is a lengthy thread that extensively looks at 9x17 ET26 on the rear with no issues. The concern in the rear is clearance with the inside of the tire and the shock with ET26 so the 24 should be fine.

All of the above assumes that the 16" diameter does not create issues differing from the 17". If I find the thread I'll post it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
first, do you have lowering springs, rolled fender lips and negative camber plates up front? if not, i wouldn't chance it. with 16" x 7" et12's i have caught a fender lip (twice on the same wheel) ... minor, but could be worse.

now look at the math. the center of your wheel would be 3mm closer to the center of the car ... but the outside of the wheel would be 9.5mm closer to the fender lip.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
first, do you have lowering springs, rolled fender lips and negative camber plates up front? if not, i wouldn't chance it. with 16" x 7" et12's i have caught a fender lip (twice on the same wheel) ... minor, but could be worse.

now look at the math. the center of your wheel would be 3mm closer to the center of the car ... but the outside of the wheel would be 9.5mm closer to the fender lip.

Thanks Scott , only rolled fenders at this stage.