Tx: 1971 2800cs - ~$7k

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tx: 1971 2800cs - ~$10k

Hi Folks,

According to a contact, the owner is looking for around $7K. Edit: $10K!!!. The owner is also offering to restore to your specification. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless the guy doesn't have the funds to restore/flip it himself. I've never had a car restored for me, so I don't know.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/wan/5644042327.html

Last edited:

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

According to a contact, the owner is looking for around $7K. Edit: $10K!!!. The owner is also offering to restore to your specification. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless the guy doesn't have the funds to restore/flip it himself. I've never had a car restored for me, so I don't kno

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/wan/5644042327.html

Appears that this car is being listed by SelectClassics in Dallas. They re-manufacture 2002's and offer to re-build them to customer specs. Sounds like he is offering to do the same for the CS. I checked out some of their re-manufactured 2002 roundie's a couple of years ago, looked OK if you didn't look too closely. Shortcuts taken to finish cars quickly, prices were on the high side too (+$20k).

http://www.selectclassics.com/configurator/default4.aspx?accordion=inventory

Wonder is any Texas members are familiar with this company.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
This guy is dreaming...

From the ad: "Nearly 100% of car in tact, needs very few new parts".

The amount of rust likely there, plus needing work everywhere does not warrant more than a couple to few grand for this wreck lol

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This guy is dreaming...

From the ad: "Nearly 100% of car in tact, needs very few new parts".

The amount of rust likely there, plus needing work everywhere does not warrant more than a couple to few grand for this wreck lol

It is worth your figure in parts alone. Hard to throw a number like that at out without knowing the condition of the sheet metal. If the sheet metal is decent the price isn't that unreasonable. I would assert that the car is worth more than the sum of its parts. You said "a few thousand". I went through this exercise with my Parts car, which I paid $3,400 for (and I can almost crawl through the rust holes). Can you find 30 items on the car that you can sell for at least $100? I'll do the first 15, the second half is harder. If it gets tight, start assigning true value to the parts instead of a SWAG. With all that said, I sincerely hope that it isn't parted out.

Front Seats
Rear Sears
Front Windshield
Rear Windshield
Left Door
Right Door
All door glass
Front Bumper(damaged)
Rear Bumper
Wheels
Rear Diff
Front Grills
Interior Wood Cores
Clutch pedal
Console + Shifter

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Radio
seat frames
DASH BASE
on and on
WOOD TRIM

Belt line trim
Window Chrome
Hood
Front Strut Assemblies
Motor + Carbs
Front/Side Roundels
Instrument Cluster
Elephant Skin
License Plate Trim
Carbs + Intake (hard to sell)
Rear quarter Left (hard to sell, some rust)
Rear quarter right (hard to sell some rust)
Bumper under-riders

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
This conversation won't be resolved until someone checks the rust;). It is either a good or bad buy...

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Who owns that nice silver 3.5 they feature in that ad? I love that Silver on Red treatment. Was red available as an interior color when these cars were new?