Bat Watch

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry!!! Must be slipping.....too much ferric oxide in the lungs. I see now, that it has undergone scrutiny ad-nauseum.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
:idea: I wonder, not if, but how many forum members are poking up the bidding on this (or any coupes for that matter) with no intention of purchase, simply to keep some perception of "high value" in public view :?:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
dp said:
:idea: I wonder, not if, but how many forum members are poking up the bidding on this (or any coupes for that matter) with no intention of purchase, simply to keep some perception of "high value" in public view :?:

Hmmm. A little projection on your part Dale? :wink:

jamesr

Reaction score
Purely out of interest, i notice on the picture of the drivers seat, there appears to be a wheel at the bottom of the seat? I've never noticed this before on the scheel seats, can someone please explain what it is?

jonathan49bat

Reaction score
James

Are you a member of the BMW car Club?

We are meeting this Saturday to visit some rare CSL race cars are you aware of this? PM me if you wish to know more...

Richard

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Back rake adjustment wheel is unique to the last 57 batmobiles. I dont believe the adjustable Scheel was avail on any other BMWs. My 4355002 has one, this car is pretty close to all correct and price is far from unrealistic at $120k plus. That being said, the seller, Ben Miller of CSi and 2002ad is a liar, crook and thief, as is the owner or previous owner david baker of Oroville, CA. It was his car, not sure if ben miller is selling it for him or if he stole it from him. Either way, buyer beware again.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
coupeguy said:
.. is a liar, crook and thief, as is the owner or previous owner

If I develop those character flaws, will I get to own a nice CSL as well?

jhjacobs

Reaction score
If I develop those character flaws, will I get to own a nice CSL as well?
Perhaps it works the other way around, you may develop those flaws if you own a nice CSL.. :roll:

We know what the "CS" stand for, what was the "L" again?

CSL 1973

Reaction score
James

About the adjustable back-rest.

As said in another post, adjustable back rest for the driver's seat was the case for the last 57 CSLs (VIN 4355001-4355057). However the Scheel seat on this black CSL 4355042 looks a little bit strange. Normally the plastic knob should be shaped as a triangle and only be on the right side of the driver seat (i.e. close to the hand brake). There should also be a small piece of stretch textile inserted in the leatherette left and right.

Maybe there are other versions of the Scheel seats but this is how it looked like in the original E9 sales brochures from 1974-75

Cheers

chicane

Reaction score
73 E3 said:
Looks like the car brought a pretty penny. $110,000.

Let's just kick back and see what happens.....

We have see cars like this supposedly sell and then a week later they are back up on eBay. Anyway $110,000. is a long way from $180,000. What are the words I'm looking for? Oh, yes... that's quite a haircut.

uter

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, so who bought it?

It's the same buyer who won the eBay auction of the E9 in Littleton, CO if I'm not mistaken.

G

Reaction score
Wow that's great..Hopefully this will help raise the value of coupes with ..air conditioning, electric windows, leather seats and umm... glass windows :lol: