Patting my own back

inovermyhead

Reaction score
IMG_0174.JPG
All the hours and hard work suddenly seems worth it, only a small local show but my first ever bit of silver,
Stoked!!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful car.

Can I go out on a limb and say the Taxi next to your E9 did not get first place?

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
beautiful car
you could get the fender grille backing and it would look really nice there
looks unfinished.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your kind words, we all know how much time effort and money goes into our projects and to have it recognised is quietly satisfying.

The Nardi wheel is a thing of beauty but I have to say I find it a little 'thin' after a longer drive and it also becomes a little slick, in as much as unlike a leather wheel it doesn't absorb sweat, I looked at the Petri wheel but at the moment WAY out of my price range but on the wish list.

Alan, personal preference, I like that you can see the details in the side strakes which is lost with the black background, prior to the Reno that was the way it was and I made a decision not to put the backing behind. Although with my metal work guy we did seriously discuss making those vents functional and diverting hot air out of the engine bay, but decided against it for fear of weakening the inner wings too much, would have been interesting though.

Cheers. John

taylor2800

Reaction score
Awesome job! Was that a Volvo Sugga beside your coupe in the first picture? If so, what are the chances of two of my all-time favorite vintage models side by side!