3.0cs Parts Value

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Hi guys, new member here and wondering if you could help with your opinions on value of the following parts I recently acquired, ebay prices are difficult to count on, and often prices are deleted from old threads on this forum.

These are all from a 3.0cs someone threw out:
34716976791_b46db47d9e_c.jpg

Suspension
- Rear subframe
- Rear trailing arms
- Rear diff (Couldn't see a tag on it and think it's open - likely what ever 3.0cs came stock with - 3.64? 3.25?)
- Rear ventilated brake disks and calipers
- Axles
- Front struts & ventilated disk rotors, calipers (no shocks or springs)

Manual parts
- 4 spd getrag with removable bellhousing
- Shifter assembly
- Trans cross memeber
- Exhaust to trans bracket
- Pedal assembly
- Driveshaft
- Flywheel

Misc.
- Trunk hinge brackets
- Trunk torsion bars
- Hood
- Ignition modules
- Blue cloth rear seats (no middle or sides, need to be reupholstered)

Thanks for your advice!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a handle on some of these. I'll edit this post later with values.

BTW - that nose looks to be in good shape and could be worth hundreds to the right buyer.

Suspension

- Rear subframe

Not a lot of demand for these, with exception of those looking to wed in adjustable camber hardware. This company has a $150 core charge so you may be able to sell it to them:

https://store.garagistic.com/Parts-catagories/BMW-Subframes/adjustable-e10-e9-rear-subframe-2002-CSL

- Rear trailing arms

I would value the rear trailing arms plus the hubs and disk hardware at $600. You may get more on Ebay but $600 is a fair price.
- Rear diff (Couldn't see a tag on it and think it's open - likely what ever 3.0cs came stock with - 3.64? 3.25?)

Not much demand for open differentials. I'd wager $200 depending on the ratio. Check for the letter 'S' stamped on the side, or painted on the top.

- Rear ventilated brake disks and calipers

See above

- Axles

Not sure, haven't researched, bought, or sold

- Front struts & ventilated disk rotors, calipers (no shocks or springs)

I think $200 - $300 for the pair of strut housings. Up to $150 per side.

Manual parts
- 4 spd getrag with removable bellhousing

Some demand for these but not much. Most people switch to a five speed. A used G265 can be had for $500 to $1000

- Shifter assembly

Unsure

- Trans cross memeber

Unsure, but likely needed for a 5spd swap.

- Exhaust to trans bracket

Unsure

- Pedal assembly

Hi demand (see 5spd reference above). $100 to $200 is fair. Note that you don't need to sell or ship the whole assembly. You just need the clutch pedal with the long 17mm bolt and the spacers. Also include the little return springs.

- Driveshaft

Unsure

- Flywheel

Unsure but demand is very low

Misc.
- Trunk hinge brackets

I sold mine for $25

- Trunk torsion bars

$100 to $150 if they work well. These are NLA as far as I know. They do wear out so demand exists.

- Hood

$100 to $500 depending on the condition. Check to make sure it's not made of aluminum. If it is aluminum it's absolutely worthless, and you are advised to send it to me for proper disposal.

FYI - the hood is just small enough to fit the greyhound requirements, but they don't insure car parts anymore.

- Ignition modules

If you mean the ignition switch there is demand for this. Pics to make sure that you removed it properly are important. I'm not sure on value but several folks have been after them.

I'd say core is $300 is common, but $200 for a forum member is fair. I sold mine to a forum member for $200.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a handle on some of these. I'll edit this post later with values.

You do have a pretty good estimate on these Markos! As a community I like to see fair selling prices to members but also fair offers from members. We need to look out for each other, I don't tolerate sharks in the pool and there have been a few.

Bejoe16

Reaction score
Hi guys, new member here and wondering if you could help with your opinions on value of the following parts I recently acquired, ebay prices are difficult to count on, and often prices are deleted from old threads on this forum.

Misc.
- Trunk hinge brackets
- Trunk torsion bars
- Hood
- Ignition modules

Thanks for your advice!

I would be interested in the trunk lid if it's pretty good. Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Markos, thanks for taking the time to respond with good information. The prices you quoted are 1/8 to 1/4 the prices for what I could find price points on ebay.

I haven't seen parts for E9 for sale locally in classified ever - and the prices of these cars are climbing, I assumed the parts prices would be comparable to 911 parts = $$

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Markos has provided good estimates, these aren't 911s yet and those parts aren't the most desirable ones, they don't wear out and used ones need rebuilding. Likely why your shell only had them.

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
Are E9's reaching a price point where owners want them original or still doing upgrades? If upgrades are on the table, I was under the impression that 2800's came with drum brakes and non ventilated disks in the front - if I'm correct in that statement, would there not be demand from 2800 owners to upgrade to 3.0 spec brakes?

Anyways, the parts I have are original E9 parts in good usable condition.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a general desire to upgrade the brakes, it doesn't hurt values like an original 911. You have the needed parts like trailing arms, hubs and brake hardware plus front brakes. Front struts have value for those going to an adjustable setup. I think Markos gave you some good numbers, next is to see if anyone is interested. Good luck.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Markos, thanks for taking the time to respond with good information. The prices you quoted are 1/8 to 1/4 the prices for what I could find price points on ebay.

I haven't seen parts for E9 for sale locally in classified ever - and the prices of these cars are climbing, I assumed the parts prices would be comparable to 911 parts = $$

Ebay pricing is meaningless unless you look at sold listings with at least one bid. Some of those items have been listed for a year.

My prices are generally conservative, but that is because I sell my parts to forum members. You can make more money on Ebay if that is the goal. Since you don't have an e9, it sounds like that would make sense. You can use my numbers as a reserve and hope for the best.

BTW, the friend calipers are worth around $100 to $150.

Last edited:

Wladek

Reaction score

Markos gave you really fair market prices; if you want to sell this parts pretty quick (couple weeks - month). If you want to sell them like for 10 years - then you should go 400-800% more.
Prices depend of condition - for example NOS part might cost 1000% more than same usable used part.
As was mentioned above - E9 3.0cs is not 911.

p.s. i feel that post is more like announcement

Bmwphatpat

Reaction score
When I saw this car had been thrown out I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

This is the only identifier plate I found on the chassis? Where else would I look?
34738186531_8cbf53c232_c.jpg

Thanks for the advice on parts values, I appreciate.

In complete honesty, I bought the parts for three reasons:
1. Sell for profit
2. Get these rare parts into the hands of owner/enthusiast/collectors that can use them
3. Save at least some of this car from being crushed

I will definitely strive to keep sale prices fair for buyers and myself. I now have considerable labour into removal of the parts, and space consumed to store them, but recognize they are used parts requiring reconditioning/rebuilding.

Wladek

Reaction score
Normally VIN is on firewall (closer to engine) on the level of the right wiper arm hole & also VIN is on the aluminium plate near right damper upper mount.

34716976791_b46db47d9e_c.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Normally VIN is on firewall (closer to engine) on the level of the right wiper arm hole & also VIN is on the aluminium plate near right damper upper mount.

Just to avoid any confusion, the VIN is on the firewall between the engine and the cowl. The VIN faces the windshield. Stick your head y the passenger wiper and look toward the engine compartment.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Vin stamped in upper firewall, passenger side midway between center and outside.

The VIN may be the most valuable part of the car. You can sell it to the guy that stole that nice coupe in Sweden...

BTW, the front nose clip of the car seems pretty good. There are always people looking for those.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, no color glasses, just vigorous aerobic exercise that stimulates the release of endorphins, leading to an effect known as a "runner's high".
So does food with cilantro, lime, salsa, etc. The guys in my body shop are on such a diet (from Central America). They have a great attitude
with my son's E36 work, I love them. They could fix that right quarter in less time than it takes to prepare a pico de gallo.

Why remove my spleen when I can fix it with diet and exercise. What is your diet?

Arde, Wearing your rose colored glasses again? The right quarter looks pretty bad.