Rocker texture

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I received my new rockets from W&N , they come with a thin black coating of paint.
They will need to be prepped and coated with a good rock guard.
What product have you guys used?
082f4db2fc25afeefd70493bb69cd8d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice Barry!

I think originally there was a thick semi-gloss black. I bet if you went to any body shop and asked them to do the job with a quality paint it would probably cost around 100.00 and probably worth it. Those things take a good beating which is why I suggest a professional automotive paint. I wish I bought some instead of spending weeks banging the dents out of mine... (although I became quite good at it after a fashion) :)

Peter

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Barry,
It's the same Schutz undercoating used under the car. You will need to adjust your nozzle and air pressure to get the golf ball effect. It's the same texture used in the lower valances front and rear.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i don't envy your thumbs to put on the chrome / rubber trims. with the new covers, you can probably use the white clips without any spacers. even with my old covers, the white clips almost locked in on the trim. i followed Gransin's advice of putting a socket under the cover when driving the pin in on the clip. i would use a small socket - perhaps 13mm, but it has to be a taller socket this will keep from denting the cover around the mounting hole.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What you want to use is 3M Rocker Schutz. It is paintable, tan, and dries to a tough finish. Do not mistake this with 3M Body Schutz which is rubberized and black and stays a bit gooey and soft. If you are applying it yourself, you really need an application gun to go with the can of Rocker Schutz for proper finish.

This gun would probably do the trick, but it is a cheap version of others out there (it's really just a reference):
https://www.amazon.com/Astro-4538-E...rd_wg=eP56m&psc=1&refRID=WMZKHQ3HQEY0E8BTX6F6