malagamalaga from Googoutgoogout

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All euro coupes didn't get the rear fog. Other funny stuff going on here though: The metal VIN plate is missing from the right front fender. 2280309 is a 2800CS automatic VIN and this coupe has 1973 US front bumpers, shoulder belt holder and seat belt warning on dash which weren't on the euro CSi coupes. It also has the US heater control labels in English. I sent him these questions. Buyer be aware!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well it's obviously a frankencoupe. As Chris as, automatic 2800cs VIN. When they swapped in the 5 speed they obviously made some swaps - like the new dash cap with the seat belt light. Can't tell what they did with regard to the automatic tranny indicator, what they did with the holes. Hard to believe they changed the top days cap and left a cracked grab rail. Gotta love that the door panel color doesn't match the door pull or the seats

Bad job at converting the shifter surround. Looks like a csinjection system. But if the vin is correct, the. Then they changed the designation from 2800cs to 3.0csi

No idea what else isn't so correct

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
She SEEMS pretty solid with decent seats.

Something must be seriously wrong with it (other than the spray bomb paint everywhere and lack of VIN plate) as if you look at ebay history (Completed Items) it's been sold at least 3 times with no reserve. Very strange.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Likely not a CSi - incorrect gas tank and the airbox (would be nice to see the box as that would confirm) holder on the passenger fender looks like it was pop riveted on. Probably a K (L maybe?) Jet setup. Sunroof car with this seller means 95% chance of front A pillar/fender box area cancer underneath. My experience is most (not all) injected E9s had front roll up windows and velour seats, so lots to question here. It is googout after all......

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Likely not a CSi - incorrect gas tank and the airbox (would be nice to see the box as that would confirm) holder on the passenger fender looks like it was pop riveted on. Probably a K (L maybe?) Jet setup. Sunroof car with this seller means 95% chance of front A pillar/fender box area cancer underneath. My experience is most (not all) injected E9s had front roll up windows and velour seats, so lots to question here. It is googout after all......

Yeah definitely riveted on. That looks like a d-jet TB to me though. Also, the AC lines aren't hooked up.

Add me to the list of people with a sunroof, ac, leather, power window CSI. Sadly dying a slow death. Also, another euro car with MPH speedo and no rear fog.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 73 front bumper irons and shoulder belt holder on the roof says 73 to me.

My '71 doesn't have the bolt in the roof for the shoulder belt. I think it's present on my '73 (built in '72). Not sure when it showed up. Wow this car is interesting!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What would worry me the most is the lack of exclamation points in his ad. If googoutgoogout is not enthusiastic about this car, it must be pretty bad.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My 71' Belgian Coupe has a shoulder belt mount in the roof. Some sharp eyes on this forum of this car.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Newer PW swiches???

s-l1600.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Previous sales:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-BMW-3-...29dc9793:g:JwgAAOSwcUBYE6IR&item=262695327635

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-BMW-Ot...2a7f92f1:g:JwgAAOSwcUBYE6IR&item=262706008817

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-BMW-Ot...2a9ebfc3:g:7dcAAOSwn7JYE6IW&item=262708051907

I have a feeling, the original seller, was a dealer and all buyers went and looked at it and backed out. Except the last one...googout, who's shill bids are running it up in hopes he'll flip for a profit.

Q: how can one tell if it is a 1969? 1970? 1971 2800 CSA? I.e. what year is it?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He posted a 2800CS VIN which this coupe isn't. Dash mounted seat belt warning light, roof mounted shoulder belts, 73 front bumper irons, English on the heater controls, it just doesn't add up that this is a CSi.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is this ad still still up? I reported him to eBay but there is no category which was appropriate and you can't leave comments. I just got this in return, total BS.

"Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from googoutgoogout through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members."

And eBay included a link to add some details and the link is wrong, I give up.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well as a Canadian, I have to question driving around with hockey pucks on your dash tray. I mean if not in the Great White North, totally bogus! Or perhaps it is being driven around Socal by a Mighty Duck! lol. Just curious. Mike