Eddie from Norquay.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice film. This was Doug's stomping ground. I'd imagine Doug knew this guy . A friend took some runs with Eddie last week. He is 91 now.

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love this video. Reminds me of John Muir who said, "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."

I had to give up backcountry skiing a few years ago as I had no one to go with and spending the night alone in winter isn't much fun. My last adventure was skiing from Mammoth Mountain to Tioga Pass in Yosemite, 35 miles over five days on telemark skis. But I still backpack in the Sierras, there is nothing more special than their beauty and grandeur and peacefulness. I hope I have his energy if I reach his age!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, nice tribute, keeps us thinking of him Nicad. free spirit. Showed this to my wife who rides her horse every day, gets the same high, wants to do it forever...really forever, any day. Me, just drive my Coupe, while everything is still working. Mike

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great Quote Chris. That sums up my best days hanging in the mountains. I met some folks who came off a 5 day Alpine trek and arrived in Zermatt from France (I think) at the end of last March. They were staying in Huts. It was a guided tour. Must have been an amazing trip. I bet the food was good too. I think you can hook up with a group if you get the urge to head out in the winter . It was a Group of about 20.

Long may She ride Mike ….Us too!

Last edited:

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bob,
Thank you for sharing. This gentleman certainly lives a life with the balance to which many of us aspire. It serves as a physical and spiritual reminder of how attitude affects our lives.
Chris

Last edited: