BMW E9 3.0 CSA 1973 Restoration

Bavarian E9

Reaction score
Hi guys Finally got down to registering after months of sweeping through the pages on tips on rebuilding my E9.

My name is Hamad and I am from Birmimgham, U.K.

So I have been debating whether to strip and sort out all the coming rust issues on my 1972 3.0 CS. After looking at people's project and learning how big a job it is and how long it could take as my car is currently taxed and roadworthy could not bring my self to do it.

Meanwhile last week I purchased a 3.0 CSA which has 90% of metal work done and will surely be needing all the knowledge and help to put it back to together.

Every time I look at the car and two conatinee loads of parts Humpty Dumpty comes to mind. I'll post some pics soon.

Hamad

scottd

Reaction score
Good luck with the project. I'd tend to agree with your decision to start with a solid car.

Scott

Bavarian E9

Reaction score
image.jpeg

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wheel looks great and it looks like the right fit. Maybe a little lube on the splines though. Good luck with your project, you should post some "just got it" pictures in the projects & restorations area .... Please :) that way we could follow your build.

Oh, and welcome!

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi Hamad and welcome,

post some pics of your car when you can, its good to follow restorations here. Mine is just back on the road after a 4 year resto.

have you sorted your parts containers yet? let me know if you have parts surplus to requirements.

the steering wheel is very nice, its a common addition to CSL's

Mark